U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM

13,624 posts, read 3,440,083 times
Exclamation Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I had the misfortune of living in Kansas City, Missouri.....

Ever since you said this, I have never really had much respect for anything you have said about KCMO. Actually, I pretty much cringe every time I see a thread with one of your posts in it.

This person “wants” to live in KCMO, as do most of the threads started here. Not only KCMO, but Midtown KCMO.

Can you even comprehend that? How could somebody choose to live in such a place?
Congratulations, kcmo!!! You've made quite an accomplishment today. You've just become a very exclusive member of my ignore list! That sir, is no easy task. Your childish posts (such as the one above) and your cyber-tantrums contribute nothing. In fact, my ignore list is so exclusive you're the only member! Pat yourself on the back and stay busy making new friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-04-2009, 08:04 PM

6,737 posts, read 7,737,031 times
I'm not sure there is anything more childish than putting somebody on ignore on an internet forum .

luzianne stands up for herself, gotta give here credit for that and my last post in this thread was more of a sarcastic rubbing to get a rise out her since she seems to really not like KCMO all that much.

But it got a rise out of you instead.

Congrats!

Unread 02-24-2009, 12:54 PM

10 posts, read 31,555 times
[quote=mg335;7321037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJonesKC View Post
Thanks for all the input. We ended up taking the apartment at 1600 W 37th Street and I'm not sure if we could have came across a more laid back, kind landlord. The apartments have also gone recent renovations and are very good quality. The units hold sound well, are not difficult to heat (granted our third floor location assists that) and all of our neighbors that we've met so far have been great.

Hi MikeJonesKC. Could you tell me the name of the apartments at 1600 W 37th? They sound good. Thanks!
I'm not sure if there is a name... it's not a huge complex or anything, just one building that the guy runs for a part-time job. I could PM you his phone number and you could either call/text him with some questions though? Let me know.

Unread 02-24-2009, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 31,555 times
Quote:
I had the misfortune of living in Kansas City, Missouri.....

Ever since you said this, I have never really had much respect for anything you have said about KCMO. Actually, I pretty much cringe every time I see a thread with one of your posts in it.

This person “wants” to live in KCMO, as do most of the threads started here. Not only KCMO, but Midtown KCMO.

Can you even comprehend that? How could somebody choose to live in such a place?
I grew up living in the suburbs on the county line of Wyandotte/Johnson in KS (two completely different places, to say the least) and let me tell you... once I hit 18 and graduated high school, I couldn't WAIT to get out of there. Nothing really wrong with the particular area, but after living there since I was born into the world... I've had it with new stripping malls and churches, because that's the only thing that ever seems to be happening out here. I suppose it's good for families but.. as a 20 year old male, I need a more lively and open-minded environment. And I have found that by moving to the city; we love our apartment so far and do not have one complaint at all... in fact, every day right before 5 PM, I can hardly wait to get out of here just to get back to KC. "Here" meaning the Olathe/119th area where I work, where I'm not sure if the people could be any more close-minded, rivaled and stubborn. It almost seems like there's some odd 'tension' out here between citizens, almost like everything's a monetary contest or something of that nature.

If you are thinking of relocating to the Westport/Midtown area of Kansas City, MO, I 100% recommend it. I can't believe everyone on here saying there's nothing to do in the city... get out of the house a little more often? Black, green, red, purple, gay, straight, lesbian, etc etc, you'll feel comfortable if you actually give the area a chance. I'll even be the first to show you around .

Unread 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 185 times
Quote:
Yea, seems like the 39th corridor between Main and Broadway has really turned a bit ghetto lately. It might be because of all the renewal going on in the rest of Downtown/Midtown and the slumlords have been sort of pushed into that little area.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but I'm sure you will find something in Midtown/Wesport/Downtown/Plaza.

I would love to live on a high hf 909 Walnut. What an awesome place that would be to live. But I don't know the rates and I think it stays pretty full.

I know cityplace in Westport always seems to have good review too.
no no not just ghetto but trailer park too lets call like it is!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City