Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4ThePaws View Post
It is not for me to judge another's circumstance and if someone feels that they cannot be a fit mother, then it is better that they abort the pregnancy at 6 weeks than throw a baby in a trash can at infancy.
Wouldn't it be better if they didn't get pregnant in the first place? If they 'feel they cannot be a fit mother', surely that feeling didn't just spring up after getting pregnant...wouldn't it have been there all along?

Quote:
Despite what affluent religious people preach, adoption is a nice option but very unfeasible for those that have to work minimum wage jobs with no health benefits and no maternity leave.
Most, if not all, of those conditions existed prior to getting pregnant, did they not?

Quote:
Many times they don't see a way out therefore other people should not judge them for what they choose. Birth control (all forms) have room for error which is why some people with the best intentions end up pregnant anyway. It is quite sad that such issues, like abortion, cause so many people to get fanatical and throw religion around, like they actually presume to know what god would think about such issues. Last time I checked, it is a personal decision about their body that no one else needs to be involved in.
Who'd you check with? Any of the 40 million who aren't here today? What answer do you suppose they'd give? FWIW, society, via the judicial system, makes judgements about people who 'don't see a way out.' What happens if a homeless bum robs a bank? Is he cut any slack because he 'couldn't see a way out?'

And, you never addressed my question, so I'll ask it again: What percentage of the 40+ million were done due to the situations you described?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 08:27 PM

186 posts, read 448,990 times
There is simply no reasoning with someone of your mindset. The argument can be made that of the unviable embryos that have been aborted in this country, how many would have grown up to be criminals? How many would have grown up to be child predators or killers? How many would have been born with serious and debilitating diseases that gave them no quality of life? I suppose people like you never consider others who make minimum wage, use birth control to have sex responsibly and yet still slip up and get pregnant. The reason why they use birth control is because they don't want to get pregnant, due to their circumstance or their not wanting to be a mother. But, things happen and since they know they would not be able to provide a decent life for a child, they abort the non-viable embryo at 6 weeks. Hmmm, but I guess you just don't see any of that from your ivory tower of judgement. I am not going to debate this with you any further, as clearly you already have all of the answers.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4ThePaws View Post
There is simply no reasoning with someone of your mindset. The argument can be made that of the unviable embryos that have been aborted in this country, how many would have grown up to be criminals? How many would have grown up to be child predators or killers? How many would have been born with serious and debilitating diseases that gave them no quality of life?
How many would have grown up to be doctors, nurses, engineers, artists, teachers, research scientists, carpenters, lawyers, bus drivers, chefs, .....there is no reason to believe that the distribution of occupations, disabilities, or criminal inclination would be any different than a random sample of 40 million of us who are here.

Quote:
I suppose people like you never consider others who make minimum wage, use birth control to have sex responsibly and yet still slip up and get pregnant.
Having been a minimum wage worker in the past doesn't qualify me? For your edification, the very thing you describe happened to us when I was a student and working for peanuts. She's through college and engaged now. A little inconvenience on our part worked out beautifully for her.

Quote:
The reason why they use birth control is because they don't want to get pregnant, due to their circumstance or their not wanting to be a mother. But, things happen and since they know they would not be able to provide a decent life for a child, they abort the non-viable embryo at 6 weeks. Hmmm, but I guess you just don't see any of that from your ivory tower of judgement.
Don't want to be a mother? Don't act like one in training. BTW, does greater than six weeks make a difference in your thinking? How late does Dr. Tiller do them?

Quote:
I am not going to debate this with you any further, as clearly you already have all of the answers.
Not to taunt you or anything, but you really haven't done a whole lot of debating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City