Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM

23 posts, read 62,314 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm in process of analyzing the possibility of living in Kansas, and I was recommended to Overland Park.
I have two children (14 and 8), so education is a priority. I've heard about Blue Valley.
I would appreciate any comment about Overland Park, as housing and education are concerned.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by efssampaio; 03-29-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efssampaio View Post
Hello,

I'm in process of analyzing the possibility of living in Kansas, and I was recommended to Overland Park.
I have two children (14 and 8), so education is a priority. I've heard about Blue Valley.
I would appreciate any comment about Overland Park, as housing and education are concerned.

Thank you in advance.
Two school districts are within Overland Park city limits. Those would be Blue Valley and Shawnee Mission. Both school districts are excellent and well regarded. In terms of housing prices that will be highly dependent on the exact area if you are set on Johnson County. Do you like cookie cutter houses or houses in established neighborhoods?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,256 times
Smile Kansas

Hey there!

The Blue Valley school district in Overland Park is awesome. Also the Olathe school district in the neighboring town of Olathe is great as well. I don't know your reasons for moving to Kansas, but if finances are an issue, Olathe may be a more affordable choice and has more of a variety of social classes. Good luck to you!

Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efssampaio View Post
Hello,

Thank you in advance.
If you could state your housing price range I could give you more info on specific neighborhoods I like in Overland Park.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 11,263 times
Default listing of schools, etc

Johnson County KS is a great place to live! I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
It has great schools, businesses and thriving housing market.
Here is a great site that I use to find Johnson County Businesses, jobs, classified, favorite restaurants, etc

There is also a complete listing of the major school districts and all of the school contact info (just go to the site and click on local schools link)...

Johnson County, KS: Business Directory, favorite restaurants, Events, Jobs, Community Information
The thing I like best is that it is totally free to everyone (businesses and users).
Hope this helps

Good luck....

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM

7 posts, read 37,485 times
Welcome to Kansas (when you get here)! I'm a transplanted Kansan and there's much to do and great places to live! Although there are pricier areas in Overland Park, there are also those in Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee -- and all have more affordable housing as well! Wherever you plant yourself, know this: Kansans tend to be kind and helpful for the most part (you'll have those other people everywhere you go, too). The schools are the best (see above) and everyone is correct, Johnson County and Western Wyandotte offer some of the best schools in the nation. (Yeah, Blue Valley!) Great restaurants, great sports venues, entertainment, the Arts (here and there), whatever it is you are looking for! Have fun in the process!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMitchellHomes View Post
Welcome to Kansas (when you get here)! I'm a transplanted Kansan and there's much to do and great places to live! Although there are pricier areas in Overland Park, there are also those in Olathe, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee -- and all have more affordable housing as well! Wherever you plant yourself, know this: Kansans tend to be kind and helpful for the most part (you'll have those other people everywhere you go, too). The schools are the best (see above) and everyone is correct, Johnson County and Western Wyandotte offer some of the best schools in the nation. (Yeah, Blue Valley!) Great restaurants, great sports venues, entertainment, the Arts (here and there), whatever it is you are looking for! Have fun in the process!
I lived in JOCO in the past, and I absolutely could not stand the Olathe/ Gardner area.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 PM

23 posts, read 62,314 times
Thank you very much to all!!!!

Regards,

Emerson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City