U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-21-2009, 11:43 AM

12 posts, read 76,017 times
Try the Uptown Theater on 37th and Broadway and the Athenaeum Club House on Linwood. Google either.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 40,388 times
Default Possible Reception Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljnkc View Post
Help... I'm STRESSED! My fiance and I are on a tight budget and looking for a place to have a simple (175ish person) wedding reception for an expensive pricetag. I'm looking at VFW's, Community Centers, outdoor pavilions, etc. which allow you to bring in your own alcohol and caterers. All the loft spaces I've looked at downtown and the hotel banquet rooms seem too expensive. Does anyone have any tips on:

Venues (preferably with a Catholic church or chapel nearby)
DJ's
Caterers
Table/linen rentals

I've been looking in places like Weston, Parkville, Kansas City, MO, Kansas City, KS, Mission, Overland Park, Lenexa, Olathe, etc.

Thank You!!

I too am in the same situation...through much searching and stressful times I did find a place located in Lawson Missouri called Mellon's Community Hall. I believe they have a wedsite that you can look at. They seem to be really inexpensive. My fiance and I went and looked at it and it was a very nice place. You can bring in your own catering and alcohol, music, etc. i think they will even provide tables, chairs, linens, etc. It was going to be our reception and ceremony venue until we realized that we were not going to be able to fit everyone into it.

I am not sure if there is a church like the one you are wanting nearby, but they do have a gazebo on the ground that you can get married in. Possibly an outside wedding, inside reception.

I hope this helped some and best of luck to you during this stressful time, and Congratulations on your engagement!

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM

472 posts, read 701,836 times
I've heard you can have a wedding at Liberty Memorial, although I don't know if its cheap.

I see weddings all the time at Loose Park in the Rose Garden. I imagine that is probably cheap or free, but you'll probably need to book it well in advance as I see a wedding there almost every weekend.

I'll echo Mission Theater. It seems like a neat venue.

I myself got married at the Club 1000 Penthouse downtown right after it opened. It was amazing. The price has skyrocketed since we got married.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,512,528 times
I went to a reception at Heritage Hall in Liberty not too long ago and it was very nice. That place is spacious and clean.

Unread 08-08-2009, 12:08 AM

541 posts, read 1,277,160 times
We have rented Visions Hall for my daughter's reception. We have also hired Brancato's Catering. We can take in our own alcohol. Have been to many receptions there. Plenty of room, plenty of tables and chairs. (no linens, we are also getting them through the caterer) We are expecting anywhere from 300 to 500 guests. The DJ she found is the friend of a friend. Oh and there is a Catholic Church about a mile south of the hall.

Unread 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

448 posts, read 695,875 times
You may try looking at Union hill Veterans Hall. It is very unique building. It's very open. and it's reasonable and you can bring in your own caterer.

Unread 08-13-2009, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 40,262 times
Default The Tuscan Ballroom

Hi Ladies,
I am the event planner at The Tuscan Ballroom in Liberty Missouri. I noticed that you were looking for an inexpensive wedding venue. I know the term "inexpensive" is relative, but we have wedding packages starting at $5,000. That would include the rental of the entire mansion, tables, chairs, linens, outdoor gazebo or indoor wedding chapel, bridal dressing room, and delicious food prepared by our catering staff! Sometimes it is actually less expensive to find a venue that offers all these things in the "room rental" rather than having to hire individual vendors. Check out our website [URL="http://www.thetuscanballroom.com"]www.thetuscanballroom.com[/URL] for more info! Happy wedding planning!

~Niki Lenz

Unread 10-10-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 34,533 times
For the most part, you get what you pay for in a venue. What are you looking to get out of your venue? If you just want a space, but no frills and no service, you have a lot of options. If you want a space that comes with a caterer and a DJ and a drink service, you also have a lot of (expensive) options. But if you want a moderately priced place that treats you well but doesn't force vendors down your throat, you might check out the Arts Incubator event space. Very good deal, I got married there this last April. Very DIY: [url]http://kc-wedding-dj.com/recommended/kansas-city-mo-wedding-venues/[/url]

Or for the full list of venues to check out: [url]http://kc-wedding-dj.com/recommended/kansas-city-mo-wedding-venues/[/url]

disclosure: both of these links are to the our wedding DJ's website. great resource.

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:32 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,512,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiLenz View Post
Hi Ladies,
I am the event planner at The Tuscan Ballroom in Liberty Missouri. I noticed that you were looking for an inexpensive wedding venue. I know the term "inexpensive" is relative, but we have wedding packages starting at $5,000. That would include the rental of the entire mansion, tables, chairs, linens, outdoor gazebo or indoor wedding chapel, bridal dressing room, and delicious food prepared by our catering staff! Sometimes it is actually less expensive to find a venue that offers all these things in the "room rental" rather than having to hire individual vendors. Check out our website www.thetuscanballroom.com for more info! Happy wedding planning!

~Niki Lenz

Man, am I glad my wife and I did what we did for our wedding.

We went and got married in Key Largo, FL at a resort on the beach, had 46 friends and family join us and then spent 8 days honeymooning in Key West. The entire 10 day trip including the honeymoon and wedding cost us like $3500 total. That was plane tickets, hotel rooms, table, chairs, cake, flowers, food, etc. and then buying tons of stuff and activities in Key West for for that we got 10 days of memories instead of like 4 hours.

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,021,963 times
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I'm certain your wedding was lovely, but I am so sick of destination weddings. It, at least these days, seems to be the way couples defray the cost of their wedding out to their guests. I'm going to Puerto Rico for a wedding in April and while I'm sure it will be loads of fun, it's going to cost a fortune. If SO's parents weren't paying for it, we'd be unable to go and celebrate with out families-- and I have to take 4 days of vacation (I only get 10 per year!)

We decided not to do a destination wedding because we wanted our guests out-of-pocket expenses to be as low as possible, and if a loved one hadn't been able to come because of cost, I would have been heartbroken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City