Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 AM

119 posts, read 436,982 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am from Omaha and my girlfriends and I are planning on roadtripping down to KC for my bachelorette party. My Matron of Honor found out that if we eat dinner in one of the participating restaraunts, we can get $10 VIP wristbands that will get us no line/cover for the first bar of choice, and no cover to all bars afterwards.

Since I do not know what the local scene is like down there on a Saturday night, is this a good deal? I am not sure what normal cover charge is for for the bars down there (or even what time they start charging covers). If not, then maybe we'd eat dinner someplace else within walking distance that might have better food or not cost as much. (we will probably stay at the Crowne Plaza downtown).

I am also wondering what is anyone's recommendation for which places to hit within P&L. We are in the late 20's - mid thirties age range and don't care about the trendiest place... just someplace we'll have a great time.

Any help you can offer is greatly GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,953,577 times
There is something for everyone in Power and Light.

Covers range from nothing to $10. Most of the bars are $5 after 9.

Here is a little breakdown for you:

McFadden's - sports bar, cheapest drinks in the place. Stays pretty crowded and lively

Mosiac - kind of a like a lounge, martini bar place that plays electronic music. Expensive drinks and cover.

Tengo - mexican restaurant that turns into a Top 40 dance club at night. Decent priced drinks and is very crowded. I'm not a big fan, sometimes you cant even move.

PBR Big Sky - country bar, never been inside

Howl at the Moon - dueling piano bar, decent drink prizes. Good show but has a cover.

Raglan Road - Irish bar, never been there at night. Good food though.

Vinino - this place is closing this weekend but is suppose to reopen in about a month as a pizza parlor. This is actually my favorite place there other than being outside.

I actually prefer to stay outside in the middle and just get drinks from the patio at one of the bars. The bars can get crowded and stuffy.

Sometimes they have a power hour where you can pay like $15 to get a band and you get domestic beer and well drinks all night as much as you can drink. I would do that if you could because it can get expensive to drink there.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,701,460 times
What about the rooftop pool bar?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,028,092 times
Gordon Biersch has a lot of space for a bachelorette party. The last time I was there, they didn't have a cover.

McFadden's can get packed, especially if there's an event at the Sprint Center that night.

Don't forget Lucky Strike bowling alley, if that's your thing.

Howl at the Moon is fun, but it can get expensive when you start factoring tips for song requests.

The new AMC Main St. movie theater is also open near the P&L -- they serve beer and wine.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM

16 posts, read 47,003 times
I've only been to the PBR bar, but it was with a group about the age of you girls. Would be a lot of fun, even if you're not the biggest fan of Country. But the great thing is, no matter where you go, if it's not hoppin' there's somewhere else to go right next door!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 AM

Thanks everyone!

We are looking forward to it! My fiance and I go to KC at least once a year for cheap weekend getaways and have stayed in the plaza, downtown (before P&L) and westport and always have a good time and try out something new... last visit was the first time we actually went to the WWI memorial when it was open and toured the museum and rode to the top of the tower! Lots of fun!

I love my hometown of Omaha but KC is so easy to go to for a step up in size and a change in scenery and things to do...

Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,953,577 times
When is your bachelorette party? The reason I ask is that my best friend is getting married this fall and his bride is having her bachelorette party on August 29th and they plan on going down there. So, if it is after that I can find out where they went and what they recommend.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM

486 posts, read 1,030,537 times
OP, I wouldn't worry about it much...in the P & L they're all within a 3-4 minute walking distance. If you don't like where you start out, try the next place. I've been to the P & L a few times and enjoyed it...a great addition to downtown. Have fun!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 AM

Wondering about restaraunts there... we are looking for something not too pricey and with the VIP wristband deal, only have a few places to chose from to eat. My friend is thinking of Tengo Sed... though I am picky and would probably only eat tacos or the grilled chicken skewers. I am intrigued by the jamaican jerk chicken at shark bar, but is that menu of 5 items all they offer?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,337 times
How old do you have to be to get in to the concerts at the PBR Sky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: