Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times

Advertisements

Kansas City is in Missouri - Testimonials (http://www.kansascityisinmissouri.com/testimonials/ - broken link)

Read the comments. Funny stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:49 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,753 times
Kansas City is also in Kansas. Deal!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
kcmo, ever heard of Kansas City, Kansas? Kansas City is not comprised of only of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, or even of the counties on the Missouri side. It also includes Johnson and Wyandotte counties on the Kansas side. Man, do you ever have a chip on your shoulder! You have moved to DC and you STILL can't stop bashing Kansas. I live on the Kansas side of the metro, specifically Johnson County, because I like it better. There is lower crime, higher property values, and people take care of their property, a VAST difference from Jackson County.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,107 times
People, we really need to stop feeding this troll.

"kcmo, is bitter, acidic and negative on the subject of the state of Kansas and has no information of value to offer about Kansas. Please disregard his rantings."

This simply needs to be the response when he starts this crap. It's for the benefit of other posters. Facts are irrelevant to his rantings and arguing with him just seems to egg him on.

So let's just band together on this one, can we?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
All KCMO did this time was post a link to what other people were saying. So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
kcmo, ever heard of Kansas City, Kansas? Kansas City is not comprised of only of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, or even of the counties on the Missouri side. It also includes Johnson and Wyandotte counties on the Kansas side. Man, do you ever have a chip on your shoulder! You have moved to DC and you STILL can't stop bashing Kansas. I live on the Kansas side of the metro, specifically Johnson County, because I like it better. There is lower crime, higher property values, and people take care of their property, a VAST difference from Jackson County.
Okay, this^^ is where it gets silly. All I'll say is, get out more.
Every trait that people love about JoCo can easily be found in large quantities in Jackson County.
Working and traveling throughout JoCo during the last several weeks has only solidified my opinion that it has all the character and personality of a used refrigerator. Some people like that, and that's okay. Yes, the same can be said for many of the MO suburbs.

Missouri people need to stop being defensive. I'm talking to myself here as much as anybody.
Missouri is the cool side. Missouri is where people are free to be themselves.
90% of the stuff we love about KC is in Kansas City, Missouri, and never, ever would have been built in Johnson County or other suburbs. Maybe Wyandotte would have allowed it, but only more recently, and it certainly would have been poorly executed.
Kansas City, Missouri is the hub city. It is a fantastic city in and of itself. Now to get people who live there to realize it.

Last edited by northbound74; 09-27-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
All KCMO did this time was post a link to what other people were saying. So what?
key words in bold.

Quote:
It is a fantastic city in and of itself. Now to get people who live there to realize it.
Yes, yes it is ... and if you don't like JoCo, that's okay! But for certain people on this forum, it's not enough! Not only is kcmo unable to enjoy anything about the whole STATE of Kansas, he seems bound and determined that NO ONE ELSE should either!!

He's a troll and adds nothing of value to discussions about Kansas.

Extol the many virtues of Kansas City, for sure, northbound! But is it necessary to insult JoCo or Kansas at every turn? Can you say what's great about KC without bashing another huge (very nice, very successful, very popular) section of the metro?

Because it REALLY sounds like sour grapes when you do that.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:59 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
It's not my website, I know KCK exists, I just thought it was funny.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 AM

886 posts, read 2,225,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
It's not my website, I know KCK exists, I just thought it was funny.
Whats KCK?

Personally if it wasn't for Nebraska furniture mart and all the IT jobs being mostly in KS, I honestly wouldn't know it exist.

The same can be said about Blue Springs/Independence... I don't go to those areas. From downtown KC around you can find everything between the Plaza/Waldo areas to northland and Liberty...

I only ever hear of anyone wanting to move to JoCo for 2 reasons, to be closer to work, or because of the schools.

The schools part is misleading IMO, because many school on the MO side including Blue Springs, Liberty, Oak Park, Park Hill, etc... are excellent schools.

I don't like KS poaching companies from the MO side, but if they didn't have them I also think the KS side would deflate rather quickly... but who knows, a lot of people like suburban areas like JoCo, and for those who do it's heaven... and the fact is that most of them don't want to admit, they grew up in their burbs and they are afraid of anything outside of it. Many people i've talked to when working in JoCo think the northland is just the inner city LOL.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
key words in bold.

Yes, yes it is ... and if you don't like JoCo, that's okay! But for certain people on this forum, it's not enough! Not only is kcmo unable to enjoy anything about the whole STATE of Kansas, he seems bound and determined that NO ONE ELSE should either!!

He's a troll and adds nothing of value to discussions about Kansas.

Extol the many virtues of Kansas City, for sure, northbound! But is it necessary to insult JoCo or Kansas at every turn? Can you say what's great about KC without bashing another huge (very nice, very successful, very popular) section of the metro?

Because it REALLY sounds like sour grapes when you do that.
If you want to add to the value of KANSAS, go talk on the Kansas forums... if you didn't notice this is KANSAS CITY MISSOURI forum.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 AM

LOL just reading the FAQ on that site.. when it says "isn't there a KCK?"

Answer: "Ha! Oh, poor uneducated e-mail writer. This is a common urban legend. But no, there is no Kansas City, Kansas. Stop being silly."

How to know if your in KS or MO?

Answer: "Absolutely! Here is a simple test you can perform to find out what state you are in. Ask a friendly citizen about their thoughts on evolution. If you are met with hostility and bible verses, chances are you're in Kansas!"

LOLOLOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City