Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 12:59 AM

25 posts, read 85,303 times

Advertisements

So when will KC get a basketball or hockey team. Next year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 09:40 AM

29 posts, read 112,465 times
Moving there this summer (I'm already living in temp housing in Liberty) from Chicago - I REALLY hope KC gets an NHL team instead of an NBA team. Years ago I would have never believed I'd say that, but NHL games are a blast to attend and frankly I've grown weary of the NBA style of bball. FWIW.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 AM

25 posts, read 85,303 times
We have the pistons and red wings so I hope kc gets either but I love hockey moreI think as well.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 PM

75 posts, read 107,437 times
I agree - let it be Hockey! So much more fun.

I think basketball is overrated anyway. Any game where you can score perpetually like that is boring. It's like watchin ping pong . . back and forth scoring. Yawn.

Give me violence before a goal!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 PM

75 posts, read 351,691 times
Hmm, hockey or basketball...well, that is a toss up for me. I enjoy the "did you see that" feeling of hockey but for the last several years, I have enjoyed the KU basketball audience. It is great fun being in the midst of a live game.

I guess either sport would be a benefit to the Kansas City area and to its local businesses.

Thanks,
Ronda Marchant

Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM

9 posts, read 34,604 times
In my opinion neither. We have had both professional teams here. Hockey and Basketball. Then we also had the Blades (hockey) and those games were a waist of time and energy to get there. Guess everyone felt that way as there never was anyone there. And the bb team was gone many years ago. College basketball is all the rave around here, but not enough support for pro team. And I don't feel that there would be enough support for a NHL team either. JMO

Old 06-25-2007, 03:58 PM

29 posts, read 112,465 times
Professional BB is a turn off for a lot of people these days for a lot of reasons. NCAA college BB is much more entertaining.

However, I watched what happened when Nashville got an NHL team - they have gone bonkers for the Predators. And NHL games are a lot more fun than, say, IHL or other lower level hockey leagues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City