Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times

Advertisements

Old buildings are the worst! You're so right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Old buildings are the worst! You're so right.
Sometimes they are. Sometimes old buildings are roach infested. I don't live with roaches.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM

51 posts, read 164,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, I'll just say I disagree with that. I don't like Jackson County because of its higher crime. Yes, the areas you mention have great buildings, but they are OLD buildings in aging neighborhoods and there is crime (less around Ward Parkway, probably, but still more than Johnson County). To each their own.

I do love the Mack B. Nelson House at 55th and Ward Parkway, though. I've been wishing I could have that house since the first time I saw it. If possible, though, I'd move it to Johnson County!
I'd have to second that. XD This is coming from someone who's spent a good deal of her life traveling back and forth between KC to NYC. I have nothing against urban areas, in fact I love them. Jackson may have its nice parts, but I still wouldn't say the area as a whole is more "upscale" or wealthier than JoCo. More touristy, maybe, but if cities like Miami, St. Louis, and Cincinnati are any indication, high tourism doesn't accurately portray a city/county's income and poverty levels.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
This is nice...(Kansas)

But this is better...(Missouri)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

This is nice...(Kansas)

I can do this all day long!

Last edited by kcmo; 02-27-2012 at 09:16 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 PM

If you can't tell, kcmo hates Kansas and loves Missouri. Plenty of us disagree with him.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:
Sometimes they are. Sometimes old buildings are roach infested. I don't live with roaches.
Sometimes new buildings are roach infested. So where are you left?

Your perspective is a bit refreshing. I think I've been living in a bit of a bubble and tend to forget how the average American thinks, especially in this part of the country.

Oh, and Europe must be swarming with roaches, probably German ones.

German cockroach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Sometimes new buildings are roach infested. So where are you left?

Your perspective is a bit refreshing. I think I've been living in a bit of a bubble and tend to forget how the average American thinks, especially in this part of the country.

Oh, and Europe must be swarming with roaches, probably German ones.

German cockroach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So living with roaches is fine with you? Not to me. I will not live in a place with roaches. Newer buildings have a better chance of not having them. Personal preference. You can move into an old roachy building if you want to; I choose not to.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:
So living with roaches is fine with you? Not to me. I will not live in a place with roaches. Newer buildings have a better chance of not having them. Personal preference. You can move into an old roachy building if you want to; I choose not to.
You brought up roaches. You must have experienced them somewhere to even be worried about it. I've never even thought about it. However, a potential roach problem has to do more with who lives in a place than the age of the building. Saying old buildings have roaches is just stupid. To be honest, an educated argument can be made for the disfavor of old houses or even old condos, but a roach problem is not that.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving46 View Post
uhh missouri southern the war ended years ago. get over it!!
Now that Mizzou has seceded to the SEC the border wars may actually be over. Time will tell. But the move to the SEC did make Mizzou once again a member of the Confederacy.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
The idea that you could hurt my feelings is pretty funny to me. I've been posting on C-D for nearly 5 years -- my skin is pretty thick. I just think your "opinion" is misinformed.

Also, your earlier post entirely contradicts what you are saying. You do have an anti-MO bias, clearly. Why else would you (even jokingly) say you would move a beautiful and old Missouri home to Johnson County?

Quote:
I do love the Mack B. Nelson House at 55th and Ward Parkway, though. I've been wishing I could have that house since the first time I saw it. If possible, though, I'd move it to Johnson County!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City