U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
 
33 posts, read 73,667 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Does anyone have any input to what kind of financial aid packages are offered to students that attend these schools? What is the final cost of sending one child to the school? Is it worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Kansas City North
2,095 posts, read 2,850,081 times
Reputation: 1762
I think whether it's worth it or not depends on what the alternative (i.e., public school) is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
 
33 posts, read 73,667 times
Reputation: 26
Default Compared to Kansas City Public Schools & Center School District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I think whether it's worth it or not depends on what the alternative (i.e., public school) is.
Compared to Kansas City Public Schools & Center School District
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,607,325 times
Reputation: 12365
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva kc View Post
Does anyone have any input to what kind of financial aid packages are offered to students that attend these schools? What is the final cost of sending one child to the school? Is it worth it?
What grade levels are you considering or are you considering you children attend k-12?

Barstow is quite a way out South from Pembrook Hill so the two usually do not compete with each other. Rockhurst is a Catholic "boys only" prep. school and thus offers a somewhat different atmosphere than Barstow & Pembrook Hill. Often, beyond the Catholic based education, those who want their boys to be able to participate in larger sports opportunities choose Rockhurst.

Suggest you contact each school directly for the most accurate financial aid packages/tuition cost.

http://www.barstowschool.org/

Pembroke Hill

Rockhurst High School Admissions - Welcome to Rockhurst High School

When compared to Center & KC Public schools, are they worth it, absolutely, if you can afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 PM
 
33 posts, read 73,667 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What grade levels are you considering or are you considering you children attend k-12?

Barstow is quite a way out South from Pembrook Hill so the two usually do not compete with each other. Rockhurst is a Catholic "boys only" prep. school and thus offers a somewhat different atmosphere than Barstow & Pembrook Hill. Often, beyond the Catholic based education, those who want their boys to be able to participate in larger sports opportunities choose Rockhurst.

Suggest you contact each school directly for the most accurate financial aid packages/tuition cost.

Browser Not Supported

Pembroke Hill

Rockhurst High School Admissions - Welcome to Rockhurst High School

When compared to Center & KC Public schools, are they worth it, absolutely, if you can afford it.
I am looking for 5th grade+. The reason I mentioned those three schools is because they all seem to offer a good academics. Yes, I understand that pembroke and barstow are more academically driven while rockhurst has top notch sports. Bottom line I just want my child to have a quality of education and not worry about consistency or quality of teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Prairie Village, KS
472 posts, read 786,419 times
Reputation: 115
I have read that almost no one pays full tuition for private schools - they all offer some sort of financial aid. Its just a matter of how much. I would contact the schools and ask them.

Here are a couple of threads on private schools in KC:

Catholic elementary schools for kids living in Brookside

Want to move to Brookside/Waldo - but what to do about schools?

Here are some threads on another forum on the subject:

School choice in KC - charter schools, etc.

Sending your kids to KCMO Schools

Reasonable Schooling Costs if living in brookside/loose park area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 AM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,607,325 times
Reputation: 12365
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva kc View Post
I am looking for 5th grade+. The reason I mentioned those three schools is because they all seem to offer a good academics. Yes, I understand that pembroke and barstow are more academically driven while rockhurst has top notch sports. Bottom line I just want my child to have a quality of education and not worry about consistency or quality of teaching.
When it comes to teacher quality and consistency I don't think you would go wrong in choosing any of the three. The geographical location and religious leanings of your family will likely determine your choice between the three.

Understand that The Barstow School will be the smallest community of the three schools and the only where your children will stay on the same campus through graduation from pre-K thru 12th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top