U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
105 posts, read 172,226 times
Reputation: 42
Default Are there any swap meets near Overland Park KS?

Well it's been nearly a year since the wife & I moved here to Overland Park. Whew, what a winter it was! Nevertheless, we are glad we made the move because we are finally near our granddaughter. Plus it has lots to do and see.

Which leads me to my question: one thing I miss is going to a good ole flea market or swap meet on the weekends. Looking for bargains can be fun sometimes. So far, I haven't seen any around here at all. Does anyone here know of any weekly flea markets, indoor or outdoor, in Johnson County? I like garage sales, but they're not really the same!

Thanks in advance..
Doug

Last edited by cazboy; 04-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: consternation turns to lucidation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2010, 02:23 PM
 
375 posts, read 342,214 times
Reputation: 1217
Yes, they have a good one at Boulevard Drive-In in KCK. It's on Merriam Lane in KCK. I don't know the exact address but if you take 1-35 northbound out of Overland Park, get off at Lamar exit and go north to Merriam Lane. At the stoplight, go right and it will take you right to the Drive-In. People rent stalls and sell all kinds of stuff, mainly junk but you can find just about everything there. It's open every weekend year round and they do still run movies there at night also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
105 posts, read 172,226 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Yes, they have a good one at Boulevard Drive-In in KCK. It's on Merriam Lane in KCK. I don't know the exact address but if you take 1-35 northbound out of Overland Park, get off at Lamar exit and go north to Merriam Lane. At the stoplight, go right and it will take you right to the Drive-In. People rent stalls and sell all kinds of stuff, mainly junk but you can find just about everything there. It's open every weekend year round and they do still run movies there at night also.
Hey mandavaran, thanks! Yippee, bargains here I come! That's not very far away, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
 
805 posts, read 1,184,247 times
Reputation: 368
I think the one at the old 63rd Street Drive In (63rd & I435 on Mo side) is bigger. It's not as close but it isn't all that far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
105 posts, read 172,226 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
I think the one at the old 63rd Street Drive In (63rd & I435 on Mo side) is bigger. It's not as close but it isn't all that far.
thanks for the tip... much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Washington, DC area
7,488 posts, read 8,921,886 times
Reputation: 3033
63rd Street Drive Inn, a cultural mecca!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
 
2 posts, read 6,760 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazboy View Post
Well it's been nearly a year since the wife & I moved here to Overland Park. Whew, what a winter it was! Nevertheless, we are glad we made the move because we are finally near our granddaughter. Plus it has lots to do and see.

Which leads me to my question: one thing I miss is going to a good ole flea market or swap meet on the weekends. Looking for bargains can be fun sometimes. So far, I haven't seen any around here at all. Does anyone here know of any weekly flea markets, indoor or outdoor, in Johnson County? I like garage sales, but they're not really the same!

Thanks in advance..
Doug

Not the norm weather for this area, hopefully this next winter will be so much better for you both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Kansas City
479 posts, read 441,264 times
Reputation: 354
I don't have my mind in the gutter but when I read your post title I thought, "Oh no, this clowns looking to swap partners. I'll tell him to go post on Craigslist for that." LOL
I was relieved to find you were asking about swap meets as in flea markets.
I just found out about this swap meet last fall when it was getting cold and not many were there. No one is there during the winter months but I'll be checking it out this coming weekend. You can find some good deals.
I hear there's a bigger one in Liberty.
Here's a link that tells about the swap meet at the drive-in.
BOULEVARD Drive In Theatre - Kansas City Ks Open! Photo #2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/racphotography/2060556256/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
105 posts, read 172,226 times
Reputation: 42
Ha ha! That's pretty funny, Dawter. I never once thought of a swap meet possibly meaning anything else other than what I meant. If I had had the foresight to think of that I would have just called it a "flea market" in my subject header! Anyway, this forum is so awesome. I found out about two different swapmeets here. And also, I found out a lot of good information on the area here before we ever even moved here. Plus a recommendation to a good mechanic!
Many thanks to you all...
Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Kansas City
479 posts, read 441,264 times
Reputation: 354
Hey, I don't know where you live but if you ever need someone to fix your furnace or any heating/cooling I found a great guy. He is honest and extremely kind-hearted and he does know very well what he's doing. His name is Chad Sommers. I can give you details if you want.
Funny thing, I found him on Craigslist...LOL.
Craigslist has been a huge help to me. I've been in contact with so many nice and honest people from there. But then there are always the nuts to watch out for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top