U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 PM

9 posts, read 10,362 times
Default assistance on moving to kcmo

ok so im a mid 20's single girl that lives near omaha ne. i really want to start a new life in kcmo but need some help finding jobs and apartments. does anyone have suggestions of some job websites for kcmo and whats a good website for apartment rentals. thanks so much everyone
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 PM

404 posts, read 171,968 times
Welcome to Kansas City, I can suggest to you many job oppurtunities(sites) although I am also currently looking for employment. Try snagajob.com or kcjobs.com. As far as apartment go they're is a new apartment complex, relative close to where I live actually right across from Worlds of Fun. Also I suggest to you the Liberty area right off the shoal creek exit. There are houses/apts. located less than a few miles off that exit.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:51 PM

17,345 posts, read 14,257,147 times
What type of work are you interested in/qualified for?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:01 AM

9 posts, read 10,362 times
well i currently do medical billing so something in the medical field would be ideal for me. there is just so many job websites and i just dont know which ones are the best

Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 AM

448 posts, read 768,562 times
Also, check out careerbuilder and View Jobs. I find some healthcare positions are listed on this non-profit board.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 PM

7,521 posts, read 9,014,236 times
I would check out Cerner:
Cerner Careers

One of the fastest growing companies in the country right now. Not sure if you do what they need, but health care is their primary cliental, they might have something.

You also might look into the large health systems in KC like HCA Midwest. I know Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence seems to always be hiring since it's a newer regional hospital.

http://www.hcamidwest.com/CustomPage.asp?guidCustomContentID=%7B6E6958FC-B0E9-4116-BC34-5AE757FCC2C4%7D (broken link)

Also St Lukes Health Systems

http://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.or...urces/jobs.htm

As far as apartments, I think you really need to think about what kind of living you want (urban/suburban etc) and where you might be working. If you want to live in the city, you really have the entire metro within 30 minutes of you. But if you prefer suburban living, then you would probably want to live in the suburbs closest to your job to avoid long commutes.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 PM

493 posts, read 512,760 times
For the apartment - it depends what kind you're looking for.

If you want a smaller building, duplex, or the like, your best bet is probably craigslist or backpage (or if you can make it to KC, going around a neighborhood you like looking for "for rent" signs.).

If you want a bigger complex, those seem to be more likely to be on rental sites like rent.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City