Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 PM

20 posts, read 59,926 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I am an International student and going to Truman State University(located in Kirksville) this August. By inquiry I can only find one way to go to La Plata : Amtrak.

Since my flight will arrive Kansas City at 7:00 P.M, I want to know is there any shuttle buses or car I can take so that I can arrive La Plata or Kirksville that night instead of Spending one night in Kansas City for morning train.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Clark Express

MySpace - >>> KANSAS CITY MCI / KCI - AIRPORT TAXI: - 36 - Male - KANSAS CITY - INTERNATIONAL MCI / KCI AIRPORT, Missouri - myspace.com/kansascityairport

I have absolutely no personal experience with them.

It's a 3 hour drive to Kirksville. Do you really want to add that on to the end of an international flight?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post

It's a 3 hour drive to Kirksville. Do you really want to add that on to the end of an international flight?
That's what I was thinking.

You can stay in a hotel cheap by KCI, take a bus to union station the next morning (or cab if you can afford it) get some sleep and take the train the next day.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Clark Express

MySpace - >>> KANSAS CITY MCI / KCI - AIRPORT TAXI: - 36 - Male - KANSAS CITY - INTERNATIONAL MCI / KCI AIRPORT, Missouri - myspace.com/kansascityairport

I have absolutely no personal experience with them.

Thanks and actually I found this express too, did anyone here take this shuttle before?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
That's what I was thinking.

You can stay in a hotel cheap by KCI, take a bus to union station the next morning (or cab if you can afford it) get some sleep and take the train the next day.
I thought I could save the hotel money if I go to Kirksville directly. Im not sure yet.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 AM

Just rent a car one way, that would be cheapest.

Then again, you probably don't have a drivers license

KCI used to have flights to Kirksville, but I guess they dropped them.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Just rent a car one way, that would be cheapest.

Then again, you probably don't have a drivers license

KCI used to have flights to Kirksville, but I guess they dropped them.
Yes, I checked the flight information and it seems like there only has flights between Kirksville and St.Louis.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM

Well, you are obviously connecting someplace. What about flying into Chicago and taking Amtrak from there or why not fly into StLouis and catch a puddle jumper from there?

KCI is a terrible airport. Most of the airport is a ghosttown, there is nothing there, so eat on the plane . I would fly into St Louis myself and try to catch a commuter flight to Kirksville.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Well, you are obviously connecting someplace. What about flying into Chicago and taking Amtrak from there or why not fly into StLouis and catch a puddle jumper from there?

KCI is a terrible airport. Most of the airport is a ghosttown, there is nothing there, so eat on the plane . I would fly into St Louis myself and try to catch a commuter flight to Kirksville.

And here's a thing: Amtrak from Kansas City to La Plata is $36 while from St. Louis to La Plata is $86, and I might found a hotel which charges me about $40 one night. Making it as accounting and we may find it's so close in costing.
But there is only one train at 7:30 A.M. from Kansas City to La Plata. I never been to US before, also I want to know whether I can find any taxi at about 6:30 A.M

Old 06-07-2010, 05:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
You can find a taxi at 6:30 a.m. if you call for one, but you won't need one if you spend the night in lodging in the downtown area, Union Station's right there. Not sure how cheap a room you can find in the urban core, though. I'm intimately familiar with the Southwest Chief route on the Amtrak, the one you're talking about that goes from KC to LaPlata every a.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City