Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times

Advertisements

Does Kansas pay for plastic bottles at any recycling centers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,347,143 times
No, Kansas doesn't reimburse for plastics turned in for recycling, or glass, or cans. My folks lived in Michigan, where every beverage bottle and can fetched ten cents, and once that law went into effect, the roads looked a LOT neater. Of course, there was a ten-cent deposit paid on them at the front end, but people still flung them out car windows, and kids would always be out there retrieving them.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
Oh dang. Thanks for letting me know!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
No, Kansas doesn't reimburse for plastics turned in for recycling, or glass, or cans. My folks lived in Michigan, where every beverage bottle and can fetched ten cents, and once that law went into effect, the roads looked a LOT neater. Of course, there was a ten-cent deposit paid on them at the front end, but people still flung them out car windows, and kids would always be out there retrieving them.
Misouri and Kansas both needs programs like this. I recall collecting glass soda bottles as a kid to turn in for spending money.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:17 AM

62 posts, read 121,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Misouri and Kansas both needs programs like this. I recall collecting glass soda bottles as a kid to turn in for spending money.
heh... i recall working in a grocery store (in KS) back in the 60's and people would bring in their 6-packs of empty soda bottles and a clerk would send them down a chute where we dutifully repacked them into wooden flats for pick-up.

i really didn't like that job that much. sacking groceries wasn't alot better, but at least you were upstairs.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM

378 posts, read 1,620,839 times
http://www.forkwhilefork.org/pics/obvious-troll.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 AM

49 posts, read 121,967 times
The truth is Ksucks, is that you should leave Kansas as soon as possible because by now everyone knows you don't like it here.

In addition, just because you don't like Kansas doesn't mean someone else won't love it here.

Your shallow, hateful comments reveal an angry unhappy person. It is beyond time for you to move on but obviously you are enjoying all the attention that you have more than likely been deprived of all your life.

You are not impressing anyone with your ignorant statements and negative attitude. Troll elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:55 AM

On with the positive................

I think that it would be great if Kansas implemented a bottle bill program!

Here in JoCo there is at least one milk distributor that has such a program. Shatto, (who by the way produces great tasting hormone/antibiotic free milk) charges a small amount on top of the regular price which is then returned to the consumer upon return of the empty bottle.

We currently pay for curbside recycling however there are several "free to the public" collection bins in the area for glass, plastic, magazines/newsprint, and cardboard. If a deposit program were implemented it could be of great benefit to our community and especially to our schools. Many of the collection sites are located on school grounds.

To my understanding, communities that have bottle bills have a 70% return on bottles.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to begin petitioning for such a program?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Sustainable Product Packaging & Recycling: The Coca-Cola Company

PepsiCo Purpose | PepsiCo.com

Recycling and Environment | Bottled Water | International Bottled Water Association

Interesting that you will see all three of these major corporations appear to be concerned with environmental issues related to their packaging of product yet they appear on a list of opponents to bottle bills:

BottleBill.org - Bottle Bill Opponents

Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 PM

116 posts, read 421,705 times
Kansas doe not believe in Evolution or global warming or recycling, or any other scientific facts. They are bible toting red necks who are the "real America" Palin talked about. If there was a god I would ask him to save us from Kansas.
PLEASE HIT SPELLCHECK BEFORE POSTING!!!
OH PLEASE!!! Save Kansas from these very uniformed posters. Could it be that the TV news cherry-picks what it thinks you want to hear and tells you only half the story? Would it surprise you to find that we lost out Governor to Washington to serve in President Obama’s cabinet. Yes Kansas had and still has a DEMOCRAT as Governor.
As it turns out Kansas does a very good job of recycling. If you want to separate your trash from the glass, plastic milk jugs, plastic water bottles, news papers, and cardboard boxes, and take them to the recycling center you may. Most towns have a recycling center at the local dump or transfer station. Not only do we recycle paper, glass, and plastic, we also recycle paint, lumber, household cleaning products, and garden supplies. Or you can take it to the recycling station at Wal-Mart, you have heard of that store. The problem is getting the recycled material sold to the rest of the states that press so hard for the recycling to take place. Once you have it collected no one wants to buy, so can you tell me how much trash, I mean recycled material has your state bought? And can you give us an address so we can contact the buyers? Because without a buyer the recycled material is just trash! As scientist you should be more interest in proving a theory instead of teaching a theory as fact .Many just don’t happen to believe in the region of Darwin. I thought that religion was not to be taught in the public schools. Was that part of the change that was promised in the last election? Red necks those hard working men, of old, that tied a red bandana around their neck to protect it from the sun. The dye used to color the bandana came off with their sweat turning their neck red. As I have never seen a person with a red bandana or any other color. I don’t know where you get the idea that we all have red necks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas