Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:56 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppy512 View Post

You have no right to income. The government is not required to nor should it give you money. Where does that money come from?

It seems that it's taken out of the checks of working people. When I do payroll for our company I'm legally required to do so...

so let's see, the OP worked at the same job for quite some time yet there are some who are begrudging him unemployment benefits that he paid into. If the government is going to take that money out of his paycheck then he's got a right to use to the service that it funds.

To the OP--yes, if you get laid off from your current position, you can resume your benefits.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-19-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 11:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
and what are we going to do when we have too much population to work every available job as we outsource more and more and have technology replace other people's jobs? Should we just let them all starve? There are only so many low end jobs..

You are right about the current system is about to crash, its about to crash because of all the outsourcing, deficits, and lower 90% being taken advantage of and being taken granted for by the upper 2% that owns a huge amount of this country.. Thats unbalanced and cannot last

Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM

25 posts, read 68,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It seems that it's taken out of the checks of working people. When I do payroll for our company I'm legally required to do so...

so let's see, the OP worked at the same job for quite some time yet there are some who are begrudging him unemployment benefits that he paid into. If the government is going to take that money out of his paycheck then he's got a right to use to the service that it funds.

To the OP--yes, if you get laid off from your current position, you can resume your benefits.
Really?

You do payroll for your company? Is that your job?

Im sorry, but your boss needs to fire you then because you are uninformed about the job you are doing for him/her.

Quote:
Operating as a federal-state partnership, UC is based on federal law, but administered by the states. The UC program is unique among U.S. social insurance programs in that it is funded almost totally by either federal or state taxes paid by employers.

Unemployment Compensation Insurance is paid by the employer....I know because I just sent the state of Arkansas a check for $4586.00 for the last quarter of 2009 that my payroll company screwed up and forgot to pay.

Of course legally my employees are entitled to those funds if I let them go, morally however they are not. That is my money, money taken from the mouths of my children. Of course I am forced to pay it if I want to succeed in this world so instead of finding excuses and crying about it, I persevere and succeed in spite of the governments forced handout entitlement programs levied against me.

That being said, the more that is forcibly taken from me to pay people that dont want to work for a living, leaves me far less to pay those that do. So again, the workers, the dedicated, the self reliant people of this country must carry the weight of the slackers.

Now, does that mean that I feel that NO unemployment should be paid. NO, I dont think that would be right either. As an employer I dont mind paying in to a fund that helps people out for a very short period in between jobs to keep their kids fed and clothed in the unfortunate event of a layoff or if thier company goes out of business. Thats part of being an American and a Human.

Im glad to help another American with a hand up.

BUT NOT A HAND OUT!!

The unemployment scam is being abused so badly by lazy do nothings that would rather sit home all day, play Xbox and make babies as a means to get even more money from the welfare state that it is choking this countries hard working class.

So to the OP, yeah.....you might be legally entitled to it, but if you had a shred of self respect you would hit the streets looking for a job instead of sitting around waiting for a welfare check.

And dont tell me there isnt work out there. There are thousands and thousands upon THOUSANDS of good paying jobs out there that employers just cant keep filled.

Benjamin Franklin said it best, "If you want to get people out of poverty, make it uncomfortable for them".

Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
and what are we going to do when we have too much population to work every available job as we outsource more and more and have technology replace other people's jobs? Should we just let them all starve? There are only so many low end jobs..

You are right about the current system is about to crash, its about to crash because of all the outsourcing, deficits, and lower 90% being taken advantage of and being taken granted for by the upper 2% that owns a huge amount of this country.. Thats unbalanced and cannot last
Really, outsourced jobs?

How about this....you want jobs not being outsourced, start working for a living.

Employers outsource because they get better work for less money. Because they dont have union contracts to deal with breaking the financial backs of the employers.

Yes, most of this countries wealth is held by 5% of the population. Thats because that 5% worked their tail off to get it. That is the percentage of the population that apply themselves and reinvented the wheel. The percent that sticks their neck out and risks it all to be self employed and make it on their own and work hard enough and smart enough to succeed doing it.

You want access to that elite club, figure out a way to join. Theres no secret handshake to get you in the door. No bouncers or security guards keeping you out. In the past 20 years, there have been 10xs the amount of millionaires made by their own hard work, blood, sweat and tears than those that inherited it.

Ive got news for you, if you evenly distributed all the worlds wealth amongst all the people of the world, within 2-3 generations, 5% of the population would own the majority of it all over again.

Its the nature of things. The rich keep getting richer cause they keep doing the things that make you rich. The poor keep getting poorer because they continue to do what makes people poor.

One of those things is sitting around waiting on a check from the government. The surest way in the world to stay poor and reliant on the teat of the government is to let them convince you that you need that check.....that they are the answer to your problems, that without them you are lost.

Break that yoke of servitude to the people that are supposed to be working for you. Stop blaming the rich for all your problems. Break down those barriers and go find your own success. Its out there I swear to you and its available for anyone with the guts to grab it.

I know because 10 years ago I was a government employee....waiting on that check every week thinking that people got ahead in life by working 40 hours a week and buying crap you dont need on credit you shouldnt have.

I broke those chains of slavery.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:06 PM

I don't have a boss.

I'm legally required to take unemployment tax out of the checks of our employees, as well as to pay into it.

But I don't think it's that way in Kansas, so you're right there.

I'm glad that the economy is so good in Kansas, though.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM

Oh, BTW......Im not talking about low paying jobs that are available.

If you have no felony criminal history and a decent driving record, I could have you making $35-$42 thousand a year with health care benefits and a 401K plan paid by your employer within 3 weeks.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Are these jobs through your own business? Are you having trouble keeping staffed?

Old 11-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Choppy, hire me then

Old 11-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Are you serious? If you are serious about a job making up to $42,000 a year with benefits I will have you working within three weeks.

PM me for details if you actually want to work.

That goes for anyone on this site.......I can handle as much as you send my way, as long as you are qualified. No felony convictions and a clean driving record. Also no current drug use or alcohol abuse....period, no flexability regarding that issue.

Now, do you really want to work is the question.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:53 PM

If its around where i live (or want to be), and you gave a generic description of what I'd be doing, and I thought I'd be a help, Yes I would consider..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas