Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:32 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times

Advertisements

Nice thread and posts...I'd give anything to be in Kansas right now to celebrate Christmas with my relatives and extended family....Maybe I'll be able to move to Kansas by next summer or sooner hopefully...I need a big dose of "friendly people" right now and "small town life!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 08:32 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,977,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKellyS View Post
Welcome, thanks so much for the kind words, as a native Kansan with no interest in leaving, I too appreciate it. Unfortunately some people just can't wait to find a parade to rain on.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you so much for the kind words. Kansans, including myself, often go a while between hearing words of appreciation for our state.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:07 PM

216 posts, read 538,968 times
I'm from Garden City and couldn't wait to leave the place after signing up for the Air Force while in highschool back in '97. 2 weeks after graduating I left for good and told my family I wasn't coming back to KS.

My wife and I spent Christmas in Dodge City (since most of my extended family live there now). I drove to Dodge all the way to North Carolina (and back!) - I had forgotten how beautiful the Flint Hills were. Just a sea of orange, yellow, and red. I also missed the scenery between Dodge City and Garden City.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM

76 posts, read 182,387 times
We spent 8 years in White City (25 miles south of Ft Riley) We raised a few steers, chickens, and had fresh eggs daily. I worked For Dick Edwards on Grant Ave in Junction City, and still have many friends out there. You are right about the people and the small towns, I do miss that. It is a great place to raise kids. I missed the ocean and we moved back to SC in 2003. I want to go back out for storm season and visit some old friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas