Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your posts...I probably won't drive into big-big cities all that often! Maybe just Hays once in awhile. What is traffic like in Hays? Just curious. Thanks...I've had more than "my fill" of big city traffic out here in the West! Time to experience a little more "calm" and friendliness when I am out on the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:49 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Thanks for your posts...I probably won't drive into big-big cities all that often! Maybe just Hays once in awhile. What is traffic like in Hays? Just curious. Thanks...I've had more than "my fill" of big city traffic out here in the West! Time to experience a little more "calm" and friendliness when I am out on the road!
Hays has no traffic. Vine Street and Main Street have the highest volumes of traffic. Vine is the feeder rd for I-70, so it gets a higher quantity of travelers.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Hays has no traffic. Vine Street and Main Street have the highest volumes of traffic. Vine is the feeder rd for I-70, so it gets a higher quantity of travelers.
Thanks for the info...I didn't get to Hays on my last visit but my relatives in Western Kansas go to Hays quite often. What is Hays like? Just curious! Good that the traffic isn't bad in Hays except near the freeway outlet. I want to stay away from big-big cities as much as I can...I'm not a "shopaholic" so I wouldn't have to drive in to huge cities very often! I'm ready for a calm and quiet life. (At least for awhile anyway!)

Old 02-27-2011, 04:09 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info...I didn't get to Hays on my last visit but my relatives in Western Kansas go to Hays quite often. What is Hays like? Just curious! Good that the traffic isn't bad in Hays except near the freeway outlet. I want to stay away from big-big cities as much as I can...I'm not a "shopaholic" so I wouldn't have to drive in to huge cities very often! I'm ready for a calm and quiet life. (At least for awhile anyway!)
Hays is the nicest city in western Kansas. It has FHSU, a nicely evolving historic Downtown area with some good restuarants and shops. It is a regional medical center town as well as having a good amount of retail. It offers quite a bit for a small city of 20,000. If one is wanting a larger city, Denver is a half day drive to the west.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Missouri drivers driving aggressively and too fast and just rude (pulling out in front of people, booming their stereos, etc).
Really? People in MO boom their stereos more than those in KS? What a dumb comment.

I don't think it matters what state you live in. Generally young people like to boom their stereos and you will find them in JoCo as much as any place else.

But don't worry, keep those windows closed tight and give em a dirty look.

Did you ever have fun when you were young?

Loud stereos don't bother me. Soccer moms on their phones with the kids in the back watching videos on the short drive to Price Chopper cutting me off becasue they have no idea what's going on around them? That's annoying.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
Quote:
I would even call Wichita a big city, it's a small city. Hays is a tiny tiny town.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Hays is the nicest city in western Kansas. It has FHSU, a nicely evolving historic Downtown area with some good restuarants and shops. It is a regional medical center town as well as having a good amount of retail. It offers quite a bit for a small city of 20,000. If one is wanting a larger city, Denver is a half day drive to the west.
Thanks for telling me more about Hays. It sounds like a nice place! I wouldn't want to go to Denver too too often...i have had my "fill" of big-big cities. Need to get away from the "rat race" for awhile.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I would even call Wichita a big city, it's a small city. Hays is a tiny tiny town.
Hays sounds great! I want to stay out of big-big cities most of the time.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Really? People in MO boom their stereos more than those in KS? What a dumb comment.

I don't think it matters what state you live in. Generally young people like to boom their stereos and you will find them in JoCo as much as any place else.

But don't worry, keep those windows closed tight and give em a dirty look.

Did you ever have fun when you were young?

Loud stereos don't bother me. Soccer moms on their phones with the kids in the back watching videos on the short drive to Price Chopper cutting me off becasue they have no idea what's going on around them? That's annoying.

In my experience, yes. I see cars with Missouri plates in Kansas all the time booming their stereos. Kansas plates, not so much.

I had plenty of fun when I was young, but without being obnoxious and inconsiderate of others.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
In my experience, yes. I see cars with Missouri plates in Kansas all the time booming their stereos. Kansas plates, not so much.

I had plenty of fun when I was young, but without being obnoxious and inconsiderate of others.
Exactly! +1

There is no comparison whatsoever between those BOOM cars and the fun we had as kids years ago. There is no music involved and about 95% of their motivation for BOOMing that crap from their cars is to annoy adults. It is pure attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas