U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2006, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,362 times

Advertisements

Hubby And I Are Relocating For Work.we Would Love If Someone Could Send Us A Couple Photos Of What's To See Before The Big Move ......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2006, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 17,082 times
Unless you and your husband have jobs already there are no good jobs to be found. I wouldn't move to KS if at all possible. I am moving out of Wichita as soon as schooling is over with in 07.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM

57 posts, read 129,735 times
Default I'd hate to say i told you so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gturb03 View Post
Unless you and your husband have jobs already there are no good jobs to be found. I wouldn't move to KS if at all possible. I am moving out of Wichita as soon as schooling is over with in 07.
I cant count how many times i quote people like this. gturb's absolutely right stay the heck outta this state if at all possible. Im movin to hawaii within the year - been here for 20 years and I absolutely hate it. Don't get me wrong - kansas is a great place to live - if your over 50 or dead or something. sorry to be so grim but it's the blunt truth

Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 PM

8 posts, read 23,659 times
You can see wonderful, exciting things like enormous feedyards, slaughter houses, endless lack of water,trees, and civilization, but LOTS of wind, hail, tornadoes, dirt storms, snow blizzards, etc. And it is a lovely community where the illegal immigrants can gather and work at the nice slaughter houses and feedyards! And you have access to great things like a....ummm....well....let's see....OH! I KNOW! I think they have a corner gas station where the highways meet. (And surely there is a post office? Maybe not...might have to drive to Garden for your mail) And there is a railroad track going through, so maybe the excitement of a train from time to time? And, best of all, there is the wonderful, God-Sent wind and dirt. Oh yes...I'm sooooooooooooo jealous...!!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM

22,298 posts, read 38,915,512 times
The KDHE denied the permit to build coal plants in Holcomb. It would make sense for Kansas to invest in more wind energy. Feedlots and slaughterhouses dominate the bleak landscape. Illegal and legal Hispanics are a pretty much a majority of the population there. Holcomb can be as dry as a desert, and the temperatures were over 90F there today
The climate is definitely getting warmer without a doubt. It is almost the end of October!

Old 10-21-2007, 08:45 AM

7,983 posts, read 9,386,111 times
Yes, illegals are taking over many towns in KS - why I moved out..

My FIL does some work in Holcomb and there's not a darn thing there. He does irrigation work. Thrilling, I must add!

People really should scope out areas - they plan on moving to!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 AM

7 posts, read 29,876 times
I agree. If you have jobs here already, go for it. If not. Don't bother coming here. Especially the GC area. You have to know at least some spanish to get a job. The illegal population has increased by atleast 50% since I moved away from there 6 years ago. Here's a little funny story a friend of my fiance's did at the Tyson plant in Emporia.. He went the middle of the plant, and yelled "ICE is here!" as loud as he could and 97% of the people went running. He got written up.. but it was sure funny.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:46 AM

19 posts, read 82,900 times
That's crap we must know THEIR language. THEY came HERE. THEY should ADAPT. All of the immigrants who came to Ellis Island nearly a century ago had to ADAPT to SURVIVE. Today it's freakin' backwards.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,535 times
Well I lived in the Holcomb GC area for 30 years. When I went to school in Holcomb from Kindergarten until I graduated it was a pretty cool place to be. But, with Tyson (AKA IBP) and the burnt down Monfort becoming the minority was pretty crappy. You couldn't go to the pool at Lee Richardson Zoo anymore cuz pretty much all of the illegal population use it as a bath tub. Good times right. All the spanish speaking children had to be bussed to Deerfield to learn english. Then my 5 yr old son comes home singing the days of the week in spanish! I THINK NOT... Im moving to mexico since they are all here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas