Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:33 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Surely you understand that the "apology" was politics, right? An attempt to quiet the unanticipated storm?

I would have fully expected this uproar in California. But to the degree this incident and the reaction is a measure of the pulse of Kansas politics today (personally, I have my doubts), it's a clear sign that even in Kansas....one is not in Kansas anymore.

I think a minority of loud voices on the fringe are driving this and that is the sad typical scenario in American politics today. A whole lot more of others just sit back and watch, bound tightly in their PC straightjackets, resigned to having no choice but to go with the flow....as has been the usual for the last 20 years.

The school's first response was the right one. But now, of course, it all collapses in the face of the lunacy of our upside down current culture.
Brownback get's overwhelming elected....and now suddenly the blow back is because KS has changed in the past 12 months or so?

You have almost every excuse in your post except the sun was in his eyes.

EVERYONE makes mistakes, sometimes in order to maintain dignity and credibility one has to man-up when bad judgement is made. Unfortunately, for rabid partisans that one is never in the playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I have family members that witnessed it first hand. You on the other hand, have only read about it. I think I know who I will trust. The arrogance that comes across in most of your posts is appalling.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I have family members that witnessed it first hand. You on the other hand, have only read about it. I think I know who I will trust. The arrogance that comes across in most of your posts is appalling.
Depending upon where you fell in german society or in the various occupied countries would GREATLY impact the dealings you would have encountered with the gestapo.

I had a friend in college who's father had served in the german army and her version of events were curiously different than what I'd learned in history. Then again, her dad was there and told her no one knew about places like Lager Nordhausen so I guess she is right and all my history books are wrong.

Your information about your families "witnessing" is blank so I guess we just have to take your word for the actions of the Gestapo over the wealth of information in books that cite first hand accounts, official documents and so forth.

P.S. I honestly don't care if you find my posts arrogant, personally I'm outraged on many levels at the lack of education, gross hyperbole and so forth and if you don't like me well I think that in light of your positions I like that.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Brownback get's overwhelming elected....and now suddenly the blow back is because KS has changed in the past 12 months or so?

You have almost every excuse in your post except the sun was in his eyes.

EVERYONE makes mistakes, sometimes in order to maintain dignity and credibility one has to man-up when bad judgement is made. Unfortunately, for rabid partisans that one is never in the playbook.
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on this forum. I don't know whose message you're responding to, but it has nothing to do with what I said.

He didn't make a mistake....nor was he admitting it. He's a politician and most people understand what that means.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Sco

Quote:
Your information about your families "witnessing" is blank so I guess we just have to take your word for the actions of the Gestapo over the wealth of information in books that cite first hand accounts, official documents and so forth.

Unbelievable. Now you are accusing me and members of my family of lying about this kind of stuff. My family had to flee Germany and some of them did not get out alive.

Please don't reply to my posts or try to communicate with me any further.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Unbelievable. Now you are accusing me and members of my family of lying about this kind of stuff. My family had to flee Germany and some of them did not get out alive.

Please don't reply to my posts or try to communicate with me any further.
This is a gross mischaracterization and also you don't get to tell me where and how to post. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

The point, if you followed the history of the gestapo, is that if you were a jew fleeing Germany, or a french farmer, or a polish former communist party member or a german factory worker GREATLY impacted how you would have interacted with the Gestapo.

We don't know how to even view your families experiences because you hadn't told us if they were German, Polish, French etc. or had served in the Wehrmacht or were jewish or that they'd even fled or had been mistreated. Nothing. I don't know how I could have possibly said they lied given that I knew nothing of their experiences.

Call me when brownback has the girl executed and we will talk "gestapo". For someone who lost family trying to get out of Germany....how does this compare to a gal that now has thousands of twitter followers and is something of a folk hero?

P.S. Up until your comments about your family, how is one to even know that you aren't intentionally downplaying the role of the Gestapo in the holocaust etc? We have a lot of deniers that float around here. Look at your actual comments without anyone knowing all the information you weren't sharing.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
You're Governor is a jacka$$. So is mine though.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Sco

Quote:
This is a gross mischaracterization and also you don't get to tell me where and how to post. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

The point, if you followed the history of the gestapo, is that if you were a jew fleeing Germany, or a french farmer, or a polish former communist party member or a german factory worker GREATLY impacted how you would have interacted with the Gestapo.

We don't know how to even view your families experiences because you hadn't told us if they were German, Polish, French etc. or had served in the Wehrmacht or were jewish or that they'd even fled or had been mistreated. Nothing. I don't know how I could have possibly said they lied given that I knew nothing of their experiences.

Call me when brownback has the girl executed and we will talk "gestapo". For someone who lost family trying to get out of Germany....how does this compare to a gal that now has thousands of twitter followers and is something of a folk hero?

P.S. Up until your comments about your family, how is one to even know that you aren't intentionally downplaying the role of the Gestapo in the holocaust etc? We have a lot of deniers that float around here. Look at your actual comments without anyone knowing all the information you weren't sharing.
I just wish we could meet in person and you would say this kind of stuff to my face. I guarantee you would not like the outcome. Modcut

Last edited by GraniteStater; 12-01-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
All this "outrage" over this incident is a measure of just how far our culture has slipped.

There is no "freedom of speech" issue here as no legal authority has made or will make any effort to stifle this poorly raised young lady's right to show the world how immature and ill-mannered she is.

An attempt was made to educate her....not about her political beliefs....but about how to conduct herself in a civil and respectable manner. I guess we're just way past the point where that is even remotely acceptable.

That is the real tragedy here....that there is zero tolerance today for any attempt to steer youth in the right direction and away from the cesspool that our current pop culture is.
Dang!!!! The same thing was said about the Hippies back in the 60's. Sometimes being civil is not the right way to go about doing things.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Dang!!!! The same thing was said about the Hippies back in the 60's. Sometimes being civil is not the right way to go about doing things.
Most of the time, it is.

And the "hippies" did precious little right in the 60s outside of protesting the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas