U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM

10,861 posts, read 12,216,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have heard there may be a vote on this in Salina and I suspect if put to a vote, the ordinance will be dropped. This is the information about the ordinance: Official City of Salina, Kansas Website - Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Amendment to City Ordinance Information I did read that this effects every business with 4 or more employees, no exception based on religious/moral beliefs and a business could not have a separate facility for members of the group. I suppose that it is actually good when an ordinance comes forward and then is repealed when the majority of people speak. I heard that Hutchinson is the next city the LGBT community is going to try to "convert". I would like to see more "family" restrooms available and only Wal-Mart seems to have them since I do not like having to send my son with developmental disabilities into the men's restroom and if I hear any distress from him, I have no problem with entering and with what has been said about gay sex in the restrooms....................... I am so tired of this constant in my face of this issue. Tired of seeing straight people accused of hatred or being a homosexual that won't admit it to themselves in the name of promoting the "cause". For years upon years, members of that community have existed among us and I don't believe it was an issue until the force came into play and I also think this is what happened with the illegal population. Those that become militant end up making it hard for the others who just want to live their lives just like everyone else and were doing a good job at it. I don't care what you do IF you don't throw it in my face and try to force me to say that I believe what you are doing is moral/normal/acceptable to me when it is not.
You seem quite obsessed with gay people. I'm gay and have never in my life encountered gay sex in a bathroom or public place. Nor have I ever experienced any problem with a transgendered person. Maybe you listen to too much "focus on the family" radio propaganda, which would explain your paranoia and bigotry. I know when Colorado passed legislation outlawing discrimination against LGBT citizens, FotF screamed that drag queens would be molesting boys in public bathrooms. Haven't heard of any attacks in public restrooms since the law took effect a few years ago. Surprise, surprise

Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
It is very widespread, but flies under the radar. Police departments and the media both largely ignore it. To really see what's going on and how widespread it is takes some insight into the gay community, happening to catch one of few news reports, or living in close proximity to a park or other venue that is well-known for such activity. If you search Google, you will find news articles and perhaps blogging on the subject. There are also a host of websites that essentially serve as directories for finding such areas.
The gay men you find looking for sex in dark parks are mostly closeted gay men who are married. Due to bigotry, they were afraid to "come out", so choose to live a lie and then look for anonymous gay sex. It's not "out" gay men who are comfortable with their sexuality who are doing it. That said, I've never encountered it or ever seen any gay men having sex in public. But most cities having some area where these closeted gay men park and look for others in a similar situation to hook up with. The whole situation is just sad.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
But what does this ordinance have to do with gay people having sex in the public bathrooms? Aren't most bathrooms nationwide either male or female? If two males are gay, they are already using the same bathroom as each other and the same bathroom as the OP's son and they always have been.

If a transgendered person was born male, he would use the male bathroom traditionally, no matter what clothes he is wearing, which would be the same bathroom as the OP's son. This would be true most anywhere in the country and has been for a long time. If this transgendered person is now allowed to use the female bathroom according to this ordinance, s/he'd no longer be in contact with the OP's son since s/he'd be using the women's bathroom.

If a person is female and transgendered to male, then traditionally she'd use the female bathroom, but now s/he'd be allowed to use the men's bathroom. So the OP is concerned about women born female who have transgendered to male using the same bathroom as her son? Got it.

I don't know, I've been on this earth for almost 45 years and have lived in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina - states running the gamut from very liberal to conservative. I've lived in large cities and small towns. I've traveled all over the US, Canada and Mexico. I've been to Europe, Central America, and Asia. I am married with three young children and have never, ever, seen anyone gay or straight having any kind of sex in a public bathroom. But I've never been to a Wal-Mart in Kansas. Perhaps I've been sheltered.

Seriously, if you are worried about your son being in a public bathroom without you, then your argument should be for more public places to have family bathrooms so you can go in with him. Any male pervert can be hanging out in a male bathroom. The ordinace in Salinas really has no effect on that.
You summed it up quite well. The push back is based on paranoia, and a believe that gay men and transgendered people prey on little children.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM

3,344 posts, read 2,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The gay men you find looking for sex in dark parks are mostly closeted gay men who are married. Due to bigotry, they were afraid to "come out", so choose to live a lie and then look for anonymous gay sex. It's not "out" gay men who are comfortable with their sexuality who are doing it. That said, I've never encountered it or ever seen any gay men having sex in public. But most cities having some area where these closeted gay men park and look for others in a similar situation to hook up with. The whole situation is just sad.
Sure, some are closeted men who my be married, but that scene is much more broad than that type specifically. What you said makes for a good rationalization though. The fact is many gay are promiscuous and deviant reative to our society as a whole. Further, I think it's just as much because they're men as because they're gay, like I said. I think it's fair to say men can be pigs, and what do you get when you have men who want sex with other men? Free-range hogs.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM

9,084 posts, read 12,176,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm pleased to see that I guessed wrong when I saw this thread title. I thought it was going to be just another looney Progressive rant about tolerance and inclusion like that which pollutes the P&OC forum.
We should always encourage intolerance and divisiveness in this country eh?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM

52 posts, read 72,631 times
I am gay and I think Kansas is a beautiful state, but that's where it ends. Sadly, the state is filled with a bunch of ignorant-hateful hicks. So many people there hate gays and that frightens me. I lived for two years in Alabama and it wasn't even that hateful there. Kansas is one of the last states that I would move to being a gay male.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:09 PM

52 posts, read 72,631 times
wow, I'm reading these posts. what a bunch of hicks.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:49 PM

9,084 posts, read 12,176,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1967 View Post
wow, I'm reading these posts. what a bunch of hicks.
Makes me want to cancel my Progressive insurance as that seems a dirty word.Now if i could ony find a. Company called regressive.. Id be all set

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 AM

14,120 posts, read 11,752,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
If what you're describing bothers you, and if you had the insight into the gay community I do, I think you would be absolutely blown away by how widespread gay sex is in public and totally forget about this restroom rights issue. For some reason, relative to the general population, the gay community has a large proportion of members who engage in incredibly deviant and promiscuous behavior.
It seems to me that sex in bathrooms is on the way out. Most of today's younger generation hooks up using their iphone apps. No need for skeezy sex in restrooms.

In general, it's gay men who are promiscuous (not all, of course), not lesbian women. That's just the nature of men vs. women. Straight men would be as slutty as gay men if they could get away with it

Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It seems to me that sex in bathrooms is on the way out. Most of today's younger generation hooks up using their iphone apps. No need for skeezy sex in restrooms.

In general, it's gay men who are promiscuous (not all, of course), not lesbian women. That's just the nature of men vs. women. Straight men would be as slutty as gay men if they could get away with it
Well, yeah, probably true lol! My guess is that gay male couples probably do have more sex than straight couples (we've had that discussion with married men in our neighborhood - always complaining that they don't get enough). But if women had the same sex drive as men, there'd be another trillion people on the planet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas