U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM

7,034 posts, read 4,849,118 times
Exclamation More Kansans lack health insurance

Yep you Republicans are getting what you voted for!

Census: More Kansans lack health insurance - KansasCity.com

The report showed that more than 380,000 Kansas residents under age 65 – about 15.8 percent of that age group – did not have health insurance in 2010, up from 14.6 percent the previous year.

For Wichita, the report was even more grim. More than 17 percent of Sedgwick County residents under 65 – nearly 75,000 – did not have health insurance in 2010, the latest year data is available. That’s 10,000 more uninsured people than the previous year and nearly 30,000 more than 2005, according to the report.

Read more here: Census: More Kansans lack health insurance - KansasCity.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 AM

29,798 posts, read 18,116,285 times
Your own article cites the tough economy as the reason why.

Seeing as how the entire country has been impacted and KS has one of the lower unemployment rates your conclusions are merely political hackery.

Can we get this moved to the politics forum please?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your own article cites the tough economy as the reason why.

Seeing as how the entire country has been impacted and KS has one of the lower unemployment rates your conclusions are merely political hackery.

Can we get this moved to the politics forum please?
Thread cop eh! A little research will teach you what the republicans have in plan for poor people in Kansas

Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 AM

3,954 posts, read 3,459,565 times
I don't see why this would be a "political" issue. Do the math, low wages and high insurance equal people uninsured. As I stated in another thread, where my husband works, the weekly cost of health insurance alone would run almost half of the take home pay so do the math. I don't see it as being the fault of either political party but simply the mindset of Kansas in general. Keeping the wages low appears to be a priority and keeping those federal assistance programs paying into the state yet another attraction to both parties. If you want to keep your state like it was in the 1940's, well, there is a cost to saying no to progress. And, will the new laws help: http://iolaregister.com/news/co-op-braces-for-new-regs which I posted in another thread. I would love to see socialized medicine as anyone with a medical need should have that addressed. Eliminate the insurance companies and we could all afford the medical care we needed, like before the emergence of health insurance.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Thread cop eh! A little research will teach you what the republicans have in plan for poor people in Kansas
What's sad is that you don't realize that the republican governor didn't come into office until 2011.

Your article is citing the decrease in insureds in 2010.

Our prior elected governor is in Obama's cabinet.

This is kinda why we have higher standards on the state forums and this should go to political. It's a disservice to people trying to learn something, potentially move here etc. when we have people that don't know about the state coming in trying to mislead and even outright lie due to a political agenda.

That's just not the purpose of the state forums.

You may be quickly finding out that the state forums are much more strictly moderated that P&OC which is a complete zoo.

Have a great weekend.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM

2,312 posts, read 1,645,711 times
As Kansas rots in a health care quagmire so does the rest of the country.
It's just by varying percentages that's all.
It's not a political problem, it's a societal problem.

If compassion is not naturally progressed into the reality of our health care embarrassment it will be legislated regardless of whether it's good or bad legislation.

Trust me Kansas your not alone.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
What's sad is that you don't realize that the republican governor didn't come into office until 2011.

Your article is citing the decrease in insureds in 2010.

Our prior elected governor is in Obama's cabinet.

This is kinda why we have higher standards on the state forums and this should go to political. It's a disservice to people trying to learn something, potentially move here etc. when we have people that don't know about the state coming in trying to mislead and even outright lie due to a political agenda.

That's just not the purpose of the state forums.

You may be quickly finding out that the state forums are much more strictly moderated that P&OC which is a complete zoo.

Have a great weekend.
I resent you implying that i lie. I can be wrong just liker anyone else. The truth is the people without insurance need it and what is there republican controlled govt going to do about it?

Have a great weekend

Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I resent you implying that i lie. I can be wrong just liker anyone else. The truth is the people without insurance need it and what is there republican controlled govt going to do about it?

Have a great weekend
Well, we can at least agree that you were wrong.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Well, we can at least agree that you were wrong.
I will say contributing factors. Read up on Ks and they are butchering health care for poor people and middle class as well.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I will say contributing factors. Read up on Ks and they are butchering health care for poor people and middle class as well.
For the benefit of the many people that might read this thread you should provide some links and reasonable analysis to support your position.

I mean, it's not like this thread had a great start and we should feel inclined to dedicate time and energy just based upon your claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas