Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Your point? I'm no more a fan of alcohol than I am of illegal drugs. But illegal drugs are - ILLEGAL. Alcohol's not.
Alcohol, smoking tobacco, & pills all kill & disable. At least with alcohol & tobacco, people know they are running a risk. Any many find a fun factor in alcohol &/or tobacco, though many die from them.

However, some have complete trust in their Doctor *and* harmaceutical companies that are only required to test a pill for 6 months on several hundred or 4 months on a couple thousand. Long term effects are unknown. FDA, essentially a branch of harmaceuticals cos, long ago admitted the deaths were over 100,000 Americans a year. Many more deaths likely occur that can't be proven or otherwise go unreported. These deaths are especially tragic because of their unexpected nature & the pills were never enjoyable, in many cases causing dozens of side effects. Side effects like death, temporary or permanent disability, addiction.

In the 1800s, over half of all items doctors recommended from the pharmacy contained cannabis. In the early 1930s, cancer wasn't very common & the cure rate was nearly 100%. Cannabis oil was still available in pharmacies until 1937. Since 2008, Rick Simpson, then of Maccan, Nova Scotia, spent his entire life savings of $1.3 million curing 5,000 people with cancer & other fatal illness, for free. The US ordered Canada to arrest Rick as a drug dealer! So Rick fled to Europe. Prison for saving 5,000 lives! You can see his 58 minute video Run From The Cure, online.

Putting cannabis users in jail because they prefer something non-fatal over something fatal? People who haven't harmed or seriously endangered other people or their property belong in jail? Why is that?

If you got cancer & the govt-corp alliance said only fake treatments were legal, what would you do?
Chemotherapy (poison) destroys the immune system, virtually guaranteeing premature death.

Very drunk people can be violent without knowing it, because the part of the brain that says don't do that is shut down completely. Very drunk people become temporarily blind, shortly before they pass out. Alcohol is much more intoxicating, so please understand the purpose of cannabis use. It is not for a more intense intoxication. 25% of US population says they're in chronic pain (Time poll). Failure by doctors & harmaceuticals cos. mostly, but also some people refusing to be hooked on toxic drugs.

If you consider yourself a very moral person, does that make you think cannabis, alcohol & tobacco are sins, but harmaceutical pills are not? Would you take a pill that might kill? Best wishes.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times
Quote:
And why don't you read up on the deleterious effects of cannabis, like memory problems and strokes?
It can't cause strokes. Strokes are caused by a blot clot as are heart attacks. Cannabis widens the blood vessels, so blood flows through more easily, thus reducing the chance of heart attack & stroke. I even know of a couple people implanted with pacemakers that smoke cannabis, without any problems.

As for memory problems, I remember as much as my toxic pills will allow. Cannabis may have some effect on memory, while experiencing the effect, which lasts maybe 2-4 hours. It does not cause erasures of old memories, or prevent new memories. If you remember the govt propaganda piece about the frying egg, cannabis doesn't fry brains. A study in humans showed that cannabis can add on to brain structure. It generates new cells that don't cause cancer. Previously, these cell divisions were called precancerous.
Best wishes.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM

216 posts, read 539,232 times
Hey Chong, we get it - you're obsessed with the forbidden fruit.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I'm against drug testing & against unlimited spying of NSA. Both are violations of the freedoms that were guaranteed us in the Constitution. Vote 3rd party & freedom can return. Most Dems & Reps are highly bribed to do things that may harm most.

KS is not trying to help people get over their addictions as most arrests are for cannabis which has a 0% death rate & can help 124 medical conditions rxmarijuana dot com/ It should be important to note the medical value & 0 deaths. Marijuana withdrawal is very mild, physically, at worst. Of course there will be psychological "addiction" when a person needs it to treat a serious medical condition, where Docs & Big Pharma have failed. "Treatment" is a fraud & "treatment" center operators get rich from bribing pols to get them so much business. Best wishes.
I'm pro-legalize with regards to marijuana.

FYI- The BIG problem around here isn't pot....it's oxy, vicodin, meth and a host of other drugs...just like everywhere else in the USA.

We will have to respectfully disagree as to the value of treatment for substance abuse.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Please read up on the health benefits of cannabis: rxmarijuana dot com/ (patient accounts), Wikipedia, Granny Storm Crow's list for studies & verifiable anecdotes, video Run From The Cure, videos by top experts on cannabis on You Tube under cannabinoid research.

An example of your state's cruelty is police bring a drug-sniffing dog into a kindergarten class, to smell the kids for 2nd hand "pot" smoke, then ask kid name & address. Then kid comes home & there is CPS to say your mommy & daddy were bad, so they have to be in prison. But don't worry, we have a lovely Foster Home for you, they will make money as long as they keep you, and they will give you all the pills you need so they can stand to be around you, so they will never abandon you.

Does this sound perfect to you? If not, please vote 3rd party. Best wishes.
I already vote 3rd party, but thanks for yet another lecture anyway.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
It can't cause strokes. Strokes are caused by a blot clot as are heart attacks. Cannabis widens the blood vessels, so blood flows through more easily, thus reducing the chance of heart attack & stroke. I even know of a couple people implanted with pacemakers that smoke cannabis, without any problems.

As for memory problems, I remember as much as my toxic pills will allow. Cannabis may have some effect on memory, while experiencing the effect, which lasts maybe 2-4 hours. It does not cause erasures of old memories, or prevent new memories. If you remember the govt propaganda piece about the frying egg, cannabis doesn't fry brains. A study in humans showed that cannabis can add on to brain structure. It generates new cells that don't cause cancer. Previously, these cell divisions were called precancerous.
Best wishes.
I appreciate your initial input but you are pretty much hijacking the thread with essentially the same post over and over and over.

Can we get back to topic?

KS doesn't have mandatory testing like FL did.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:

Best wishes.
Not according to a neurologist I heard talking about a patient last week, who was in her 30s and had a stroke after smoking pot. This was a patient who was in the hospital at that moment with stroke after smoking marijuana. I don't think you are a doctor, so I will take a neurologist's word over yours about whether marijuana can cause strokes.

He also referenced brothers who smoked synthetic marijuana (I know, not the same as "real" marijuana) and had strokes within 20 minutes of each other soon after smoking it.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:17 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Alcohol, smoking tobacco, & pills all kill & disable. At least with alcohol & tobacco, people know they are running a risk. Any many find a fun factor in alcohol &/or tobacco, though many die from them.

However, some have complete trust in their Doctor *and* harmaceutical companies that are only required to test a pill for 6 months on several hundred or 4 months on a couple thousand. Long term effects are unknown. FDA, essentially a branch of harmaceuticals cos, long ago admitted the deaths were over 100,000 Americans a year. Many more deaths likely occur that can't be proven or otherwise go unreported. These deaths are especially tragic because of their unexpected nature & the pills were never enjoyable, in many cases causing dozens of side effects. Side effects like death, temporary or permanent disability, addiction.

In the 1800s, over half of all items doctors recommended from the pharmacy contained cannabis. In the early 1930s, cancer wasn't very common & the cure rate was nearly 100%. Cannabis oil was still available in pharmacies until 1937. Since 2008, Rick Simpson, then of Maccan, Nova Scotia, spent his entire life savings of $1.3 million curing 5,000 people with cancer & other fatal illness, for free. The US ordered Canada to arrest Rick as a drug dealer! So Rick fled to Europe. Prison for saving 5,000 lives! You can see his 58 minute video Run From The Cure, online.

Putting cannabis users in jail because they prefer something non-fatal over something fatal? People who haven't harmed or seriously endangered other people or their property belong in jail? Why is that?

If you got cancer & the govt-corp alliance said only fake treatments were legal, what would you do?
Chemotherapy (poison) destroys the immune system, virtually guaranteeing premature death.

Very drunk people can be violent without knowing it, because the part of the brain that says don't do that is shut down completely. Very drunk people become temporarily blind, shortly before they pass out. Alcohol is much more intoxicating, so please understand the purpose of cannabis use. It is not for a more intense intoxication. 25% of US population says they're in chronic pain (Time poll). Failure by doctors & harmaceuticals cos. mostly, but also some people refusing to be hooked on toxic drugs.

If you consider yourself a very moral person, does that make you think cannabis, alcohol & tobacco are sins, but harmaceutical pills are not? Would you take a pill that might kill? Best wishes.

I don't think any of them are "sins" and I agree that alcohol can cause more problems than pot. But the discussion was about drug testing people who are receiving welfare benefits. I am in favor of that, because I think if they are being supported by taxpayers they shouldn't be drug abusers; they should be looking for a job. And I didn't single out pot; there are a whole lot of drugs that are being abused, legal and illegal.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:31 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
The issue is not a drug testing issue IMO it is a spending issue. The Administration only wants to test TANF applicants.Everyone else getting "free money" can continue to get tax payer money and continue to do drugs with relative impunity.

I would not be surprised if this testing would be a way to kick people off of the state's dole and put them on the federal government's dole.

The TANF/SSI Connection

For both states and the individuals involved, it is generally financially advantageous for adults and children with disabilities to transfer from TANF to SSI. States gain because the federal government pays for the SSI benefit,

Code of Federal Regulations § 416.935

(1) The key factor we will examine in determining whether drug addiction or alcoholism is a contributing factor material to the determination of disability is whether we would still find you disabled if you stopped using drugs or alcohol.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,513 times
Quote:
Not according to a neurologist I heard talking about a patient last week, who was in her 30s and had a stroke after smoking pot. This was a patient who was in the hospital at that moment with stroke after smoking marijuana. I don't think you are a doctor, so I will take a neurologist's word over yours about whether marijuana can cause strokes.

He also referenced brothers who smoked synthetic marijuana (I know, not the same as "real" marijuana) and had strokes within 20 minutes of each other soon after smoking it.
Synthetic marijuana is not the same as marijuana so stop mentioning it together as if they share anything in common. You might as well compare marijuana to meth.....there is no comparison.

I wasn't going to bring this up since it's off topic but since you insist on repeating this tired bit of "wisdom" again. it should be addressed. Since it sounds like you were eavesdropping on somebody else's conversation
Quote:
Not according to a neurologist I heard talking about a patient last week
...maybe you didn't hear everything right.

What the conversation was referencing was a small study, ONE study, in New Zealand that measured 160 stroke patients in a hospital against 160 non stroke patients in the same hospital. 16% of the stroke patients tested positive for marijuana use against 8% in the control group. There were two major flaws in that study. The biggest omission was the fact that all but 1 of the stroke patients tested positive for tobacco use as well..........and everybody knows that tobacco use leads to increased chance of stroke. The second factor that was ignored was that MJ stays detectable in urine for up to 90 days after use. That in itself seriously skews the numbers. It makes it impossible to determine whether the people who tested positive were regular pot smokers or merely casual users who had shared a joint with friends a month prior to the stroke. Even if you cast away the second fact, the whole study should be negated for not taking tobacco use into account. It's sloppy research, manipulated to serve an agenda.

I suppose we should expect more of this pseudo science from the reefer madness camp as MJ becomes more socially acceptable and more widely legalized. Some people out there have actually come to believe the now shredded dogma the US government has been pushing about the plant....and will probably cling to it until their last breath. That's just one reason the Fed is dragging it's feet so on the legalization issue. After so many years of brainwashing the public about the "dangers" of MJ use, they are loathe now to admit it was all a smokescreen and that they were wrong..........then they'd have to admit why they've kept up this disinformation for so many years.......and that would get really ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas