Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 05:07 PM

25,934 posts, read 22,083,977 times

Advertisements

I found an article talking about it being introduced in the KS House, the expansion of Medicaid which in KS is "For-Profit" KanCare (Not). When I looked at the households that would be eligible, it would a LOT. I was looking at income levels this morning in reference to some other research I was doing and wages outside the metro areas are LOW. Kansas House committee introduces plan to expand Medicaid / LJWorld.com I support socialized medicine where all citizens would get the medical care they need.

Got a postcard in the mail today about accessible and affordable quality dental services something about a bill, HB 2079 & SB 49. If they would just do away with insurance, care would be affordable. Prior to dental insurance, dental care was reasonable and the offices didn't need 3 people to work insurance in the office, same with the medical care. Some info the dental: Homepage Headline | Kansas Dental Association

So, does all this have to do with who put money in the pockets of the legislatures for the last elections? You gotta' wonder.

Yes, it would be great if everyone could have all the same benefits as those people that work hard for them but WE can't carry anymore than we are carrying right now.

If they expand Medicaid (KanCare - "for-profit"), KanCare contractors are already not keeping up with making payments and denying claims so adding to that mess....................not about healthcare but about politics and promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:00 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,346,271 times
But wait! There's more, and it gets worse. This was just posted on Twitter:

Mental health advocates share concerns about proposed KanCare drug change – Kansas Health Institute

Now they want to control the amount of mental health medications to those who need them. They claim this will improve their health.

When did these morons get their psych degrees????

The Kansas Legislature is up to all sorts of crazy stuff this week, from a crazy new foster-care program, to permitless concealed carry, to spending three days discussing "appropriate marriage", which is in a bill that would impose a two-year waiting period for a divorce.

You know, so people in loveless, failed and/or abusive marriages can have a lot more time to NOT work things out.

I can't wait to get out of this state.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:48 PM

25,934 posts, read 22,083,977 times
This falls in line with something else that I became aware of, "health homes" and they are not a physical home but where there is a group that makes the decisions about treatment based on "for-profit". They took and assigned people, not just people with mental illness but anyone that might be taking a medication that someone with a mental health issue would normally take, instead of having the people opt-in, they just hooked them up to the system and the requirement was that the person had to opt-out once in. I made a complaint to the KDHE about this. She claims that other states have done it and the one thing they would have done differently is have people have to opt-out, well, sure! That way you round them up and hope they don't realize what is going on. This also sucked people with developmental disabilities into the program if they happened to be on a listed medication and luckily, my son takes not one medication of any kind but they do plan to go after people with disabilities with this "health home" deal. They have to increase the profits. I have also heard that they want to discourage emergency room visits and while that works for people in the general welfare population who go Friday night for a sore throat because they want to be able to go out and party, it doesn't work for people with real and concrete emergencies. You try to avoid taking someone that has life-threatening issues because the for-profits are discouraging you and someone dies but I guess that saves money in the long run.

They are doing everything they can to destroy the support system that anyone under KanCare has so that they can slash they care and put $ in their pockets. And, Brownback continues to smile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas