Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 12:55 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Having to take the position that is the most ; un-American, un-Christian, and inhumane, and defend it with pure conjecture must make it difficult to reconcile being a good Republican and a good Christian.The Bill that they are trying to get passed is nothing more but a pacifier for the GOP base. The President probably wont allow the country to melt down into hysteria by signing the bill. The no Muslims or no Syrians argument can't be stated with out the use of "weasel words."
He's in his final term and he's afraid of the Republicans is your excuse?

Please note, I already accused the repubs of grandstanding. It's sad watching someone else so caught up in politics that they think their party is the force of good that would not stoop so low and makes decisions based upon truth justice and the American way.

We also see the Euro countries all rapidly reversing course on the refugee surge they let in. I guess the republicans scared them too? lmfao.

I know this could shatter your world view but do you ever consider that maybe just maybe like a broken clock that the repubs could be right about something and *gasp* you aren't always right?

Old 11-20-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It is. And actually most people are either oblivious to this fact or just ignorant but there are HUGE Iraqi and Somali populations in the KC metro including in Kansas. For all of the political grandstanders who are tantruming about the inability to vet Syrians, I would really like to know why they think Somalis or Iraqis are any easier to vet or why they never made a fuss about those other refugees. It's not like Syria is the only Muslim country that has terrorists.
Why don't you give us more of a breakdown as to how many, when and what the reason for their refugee status was?

If you are trying to make it seem like the Syrian group would be no different then you need to make a case and not just assume that because they're from countries over in THAT rough part of the globe it's the same thing.

For example, are most of the Iraqi's staying here because they were Christian? Kurdish? Something else?

Or were they just a random general hodgepodge?

Are they families? Or mostly young men?

Don't just say Syria...Somalia....same thing!

Old 11-20-2015, 03:08 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Tens of thousands of refugees come to the U.S. every year, through the proper channels. From what I've read (an another poster above said), the process is quite thorough, and more so than the European process.

But don't worry... they're placed in crappy neighborhoods in urban areas, so rural Kansans won't see them. There are particular areas of Aurora and Denver where the refugees "land". Many become cab drivers, take lower end jobs, and some come here highly educated and get higher paying jobs. I believe they get some sort of public assistance, and job placement assistance to get them off public assistance.

My only concern is if they don't, at least to some extent, assimilate into our culture. I know 1st gen. tend not to so much, but don't come here if you want to stone gays to death and control women.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:18 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Vetting process for those that just make assumptions: No Good Answers About the Allegedly 'Exhaustive' Syrian Refugee Vetting Process - Breitbart I don't really care. I am tired of seeing our own citizens pushed aside and seeing our country turned into a 3rd world dive.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:08 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Articles: The Refugee Resettlement Tango

Some on her might learn something from this article. It is not comforting to read.

I had to kind of laugh when I read someone on here that said something like "western Kansas would not be seeing refugees". They live and some of them work, I guess in Garden City and Dodge City. I think they work in the beef processing plants.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
My only concern is if they don't, at least to some extent, assimilate into our culture. I know 1st gen. tend not to so much, but don't come here if you want to stone gays to death and control women.
Uh oh.....now they're going to call you a right wing republican bigot.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:34 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Articles: The Refugee Resettlement Tango

Some on her might learn something from this article. It is not comforting to read.

I had to kind of laugh when I read someone on here that said something like "western Kansas would not be seeing refugees". They live and some of them work, I guess in Garden City and Dodge City. I think they work in the beef processing plants.
Those aren't refugees, they're illegals. Tyson moved their slaughter operation there a few years ago out of Emporia. Bust of gang offers hope for Dodge City immigrants | The Kansas City Star

Refugees? Somalians? https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...s-controversy/ and this is what happened when they arrived, know that 25% of the people in Emporia identify as "Hispanic" and many coming illegally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbxvf2lp15Y

Old 11-20-2015, 11:15 PM

455 posts, read 771,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinebluestem View Post
I was shocked on Brownback call to placed Kansas on the no Muslim refugee list. Thoughts how they can stop **** for brains Obama from letting them into Kansas?

Brownback order, titled “Protecting Kansas From Terrorism,” states that admitting Syrian refugees to Kansas “presents an unacceptable risk.” Brownback actually did something right for once by not wanting these Syrians Muslims to infest the state of Kansas. Syrian Muslims have contributed absolutely nothing of significance or value in making the US a better country to live in. The whole goal of the Islamic theocracy is to expand itself by force and try and destroy the west as quickly as possible, and what a great way to take over a country than by flooding it with thousands of worthless, non-skilled, violent, unstable, brainwashed, Muslim immigrants from Syria.

Muslims ideology and values are in complete contrast to American values, there is very little blending of cultures and beliefs. Do you think that most Muslims in this country would classify themselves as American? One of the best things the U.S. can do for itself is to ban all Syrian Muslim immigration.

Sadly we still have a lot of misguided Muslim apologists out there who always like to come forward and assure everyone that Islam is a peaceful religion and that Muslims just want to come here for a better life - complete BS, don't buy it.

(2011 Gallup): 49% of Muslim-Americans say they are "Muslim first" (26% say they are American first)

In a recent poll of Saudi's in August 2014 showed that a whopping 92% agree that Islamic State (ISIS) "conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law.

Pew Global: 68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.

Islam a Religion of Peace - only a stupid fool would believe such nonsense.

Fiscal Year 2014 Refugee Arrivals by state Fiscal Year 2014 Refugee Arrivals | Office of Refugee Resettlement | Administration for Children and Families

Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
in the last 5 years 10's of thousands of muslims have been let in to the US, but only 53 Christians, who are being slaughtered and virtually exterminated by Islamic fundamentalists.
They're slaughtering all 53 of them? Can't anything be done about it?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:55 PM

455 posts, read 771,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I'm assuming it would all be some sort of Federal assistance, I doubt the states will be involved too much, but I don't really know.

I just read through the last link and saw this, "On average, each Middle Eastern refugee resettled in the United States costs an estimated $64,370 in the first five years, or $257,481 per household."
That's actually not as high as I expected it to be. Just over $12,000/year for each refugee, not too costly really imo. KC would probably be a good place for resettlement actually. Tons of places to get groceries for middle eastern people, and good enough public transportation to get around.

Interesting how we all of a sudden have housing and extra money to hand out to these Syrian Muslim refugees who have zero value, but little to nothing to offer our homeless vets.

The vast majority syrian muslim refugees that are trying to come over here are people we will likely never be able to vet properly. A younger refugee will require extensive childcare, medical care, housing, and food support, older refugees will require high cost extensive medical care, and for anyone to believe the 18-45 year old Syrian males coming in to the country will play nice and assimilate into western culture is pure insanity. Most of these malcontents will come here offering less than zero, take as much Gubmint hand-outs as possible, and some will want nothing more than to wipe the Christians population off the face of the planet, or at the very least become a country with Sharia Laws - no thanks.

According to recent data from the Office of Refugee Resettlement / U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 91.4% of the recent refugees from the Middle East are on food stamps and 68.3% of recent refugees from the Middle East are on cash welfare. Only 8 percent of the refugees who got into Germany have found employment in the first year - no thanks.

The bottom line is why would you ever want any of these future welfare recipient Refugees living anywhere in Kansas.

Last edited by Alpha_Dog; 11-23-2015 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas