U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would You Move Out of Kansas?
Yes 81 60.45%
No 29 21.64%
Maybe 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM

30,899 posts, read 19,154,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I am not sure either. The data just shows that Kansas has always been a state with a high net out-migration rate with less in the way of in-migration. Omaha and Sioux Falls, SD are the two metros in Nebraska and South Dakota that have been drivers for population growth in those two states.
If you have a handy link to this info I would love to see it and learn more.
(I can hunt for it but it seems like you might know right where it is at)

Much appreciated.

Regardless, the KC Metro area is a perfect fit for me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM

11,216 posts, read 12,813,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellykat View Post
You're too late! Denverian wound me up on the KC board so you're off the hook until next time you go off your meds!
I just wound you a little tighter - check out the KC weather thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 PM

15,401 posts, read 21,482,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you have a handy link to this info I would love to see it and learn more.
(I can hunt for it but it seems like you might know right where it is at)

Much appreciated.

Regardless, the KC Metro area is a perfect fit for me.
Yes, here is the source:
https://www.kc.frb.org/SpeechBio/KeetonKSForum0406.pdf

Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 PM

253 posts, read 1,109,455 times
I miss living in Lawrence.

Rest of the state. Meh.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,828 times
For those people that want to know wether they should move to Kansas. I am from New York State. I moved down here in 1980. At that time I thought that I had moved to Hell. That was the hottest year since I moved here. Since then I have adjusted to the weather, and have made many great friends. Most of my famly still live in New York. But I will never move back to New York. Gypsum Kansas is my home. My Children have grown up here and gone to SES and I love it here. That is just one opinion but that is how I feel.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,828 times
That is what I like about a small town. I live in a small town, 400 to 500 hundred in the surrounding area. We have 4 churches in the area, have went to 3 of them and was greeted very freindly in all of them.Small town in Kansas, that is the place for me.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM

130 posts, read 300,933 times
I up-rooted the family from Northern Miami County in 1994 and have been to Kentucky, Houston and now Dallas. Moving away was the worst decision I've ever made.
I'll return one day and I hope my health holds out so I might once again enjoy the rural life that Kansas has to offer. Fishing and hunting on the way to and from work was worth all the wealth in the world.
People in general are friendly and great neighbors.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-Bill View Post
I up-rooted the family from Northern Miami County in 1994 and have been to Kentucky, Houston and now Dallas. Moving away was the worst decision I've ever made.
I'll return one day and I hope my health holds out so I might once again enjoy the rural life that Kansas has to offer. Fishing and hunting on the way to and from work was worth all the wealth in the world.
People in general are friendly and great neighbors.
Yes, that is very nice area. Unforunately, the Kansas City metro sprawl has found its way into northern Miami County now. You would probably have to look at rural areas further removed from the KC influence.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 AM

186 posts, read 657,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
I miss the mountains of Colorado. But here we are back in Kansas again. Its not bad. The people are very nice. I'm just missing the outdoor activities in mountain scenary.
I'll say hello to them for you. I moved from Wichita a year ago. Missing the
nice people of Kansas but loving the mountains.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 AM

Kansas is not benefiting as much as the northern plains states from the energy boom that has recently ocurred. A lot of the natural resources in KS like natural gas are now at the depletion stage on the production curve. Some new oil wells are being drilled, but most of the big finds have happened in the early to mid 20th century. Based on the updated trends the highest out-migration rates continue to be in the frontier counties of northwest KS, and the highest in-migration rates are in urban eastern Kansas (Johnson County).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas