Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM

129 posts, read 444,664 times

Advertisements

Check out a hospital expansion going on in Pittsburg KS. Decent College town plus they have Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM

83 posts, read 327,553 times
Have you considered Branson, Missouri, It is close to Faettville but not too close! It is a beautiful area, not that expensive and has a very good hospital. My neice in law worked at it and really likes it.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
Try Elk City , Oklahoma....they are putting in a new hospital .....you can take virtual tours on the web

Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM

23 posts, read 75,863 times
They just built a new hospital in Grove OK, and that would be my choice. I'm an RN also. Grove is a town on Grand Lake; very nice area with lots of trees, mild weather, friendly people and not a bad drive from Fayettville, but far enough so that they wont be on your doorstep at night. Southwest MO is pretty, but there is a lot of poultry farming (or at least there use to be) in that area, which draws a lot of migrant workers. Also, that is a very, very red area in terms of politics; very conservative, much different from the West Coast; I would not care for that aspect of the area either. Southeast KS is basically a bunch of ghost towns with rampant poverty and drug problems. I would not seriously consider that area at all. Miami OK, is north of Grove, there is a nice hospital there also. Bartlesville OK and Tulsa OK are farther to the west. Bartlesville is a very nice town with an excellent hospital. I worked there at one time and can say I WAS impressed with the place. That was a few years back though. Grove would be my #1 pick though. I have never lived in Oregon, but wish I could! I have family in Southern California and that is how I became familiar with the West Coast. I would have a job lined out before you move if I were you, because the recession has hit this area pretty hard; lots of layoffs, even in hospitals. I have been considering a job change myself and have been looking for over 6 months. I have looked in several areas beyond KS and found that things are tough all over even in nursing right now; you may want to hang on to your current job until you are sure you have found the right one. I only read your first post and apologize if I have repeated anything already addressed. Good luck! I wish I could go to Oregon and take the job you are leaving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas