U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 04:21 PM

7 posts, read 22,631 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I might move to JunctionCity/Manhattan KS in next couple of months, coz I am kind of getting an offer to work there. I am just coming out of grad school so I am kind of confused whether to come there or not because that's kind of small town area. But still need to get the real views from you all before I make my move. I have few basic questions:-

1. How good is living there in terms of spending weekend around ?
2. How good is the Cable/Wireless Internet services around the area ? What I meant was, what is the best service provider ?
3. What are the area of good apartments ? I have been living my student life but now want to move in a decently managed apartments , so any suggestions on that ? I can spend like $800-1000, so any ideas?
4. Do either of these towns have decent Car Dealers around ?

I know I might sound little weird, but my friends here back in upstate NY have been teasing me about moving to Kansas. I hope I am making the right move.

Please help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM

19 posts, read 61,569 times
Default upstate ny/kansas

hi i wish i could answer your questions.. i am only repsonding as i live upstate ny as well and planning a move to southestern kansas.. where upstate are t you abouts im coming form the cortland area.. and after traveelling through kansas i think there are amny similarites to rural upstate ny... manhattan is a university town so you would probalby find pleant to keep you occupied.. i think you will also find the cost of living lower.. and if you have a car to travel you can amke your pwn fun times

Old 08-28-2008, 07:34 AM

2,517 posts, read 5,982,793 times
Pop over to craigslist and under Kansas, choose Manhattan, you'll find lots of info like cost of rentals etc. there. Keep in mind that 66506 is the center of Kansas state so if you don't want to live around partying undergrads, stay outta that zip code.
The college kids go drinking in Aggieville Welcome to Aggieville! at night but theres a good amount of old folks who'll pop in for nightlife there too. There's a mall Welcome to Manhattan Town Center, a strip mall with a target on Seth Childs and lots of cultural stuff on the Campus itself..If you get bored, drive less that 1.5 hours to Lawrence, home of KU for good shopping and more cultural stuff.
I love Manhattan. Great place to live.
JC is the home of the Big Red One http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Inf...United_States) so LOTS of military/army grunts that way- also read there are many families, good life that way too but I'm not familiar with JC.

Last edited by leighland; 08-28-2008 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: added jc bit

Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 AM

2,517 posts, read 5,982,793 times
I forgot Tuttle Creek Reservoir if you are outdoor minded..
Tuttle Creek / Locations / State Parks / KDWP - KDWP

Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 22,631 times
Thank you for your replies people.

I appreciate that. Well, I am a fresh graduate from School so I am not old right now I will love to join these parties. My major concern was the house, I do not want to rent something which is like 50yrs old. This time I want to rent a decent 2 bd room home, I want to set up my home theater and a decent service of internet and cable also, so I have some big plans where ever I move to.

More inputs will be appreciated.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:08 PM

8 posts, read 44,534 times
check out this housing site: Manhattan Association of REALTORS (http://www.manhattanrealtors.net/default.asp?content=search&menu_id=5984 - broken link).

best wishes,
m

Old 02-09-2010, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 17,705 times
Junction City sucks bigtime, don't do it to yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas