U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM

1,662 posts, read 3,922,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modron View Post
well-educated people [who] are ignorant by choice and want the same for the rest of the country.
Yep, if I have one complaint - that would be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 PM

592 posts, read 1,852,199 times
I'm a native Kansan. (NE KS).

kcmo is a good example of why I have a problem with many Missourians.

I didn't like the wind or the extremes in weather when I lived there, and I hated that property taxes were so high.

Mostly, the wind and the weather.

I've live in NE KS and NW MO. I am not real fond of the people of Missouri as it's just a different mindset. Seems some Kansans have the same mindset, but it's not as rampant.

I cannot stand JOCO, and yes, I've lived there.

Love Lawrence and Manhattan.

Small towns, in general, are not my favorite. Too many people that have nothing better to do than spread rumors.

I never understood why people considered my home state "so flat" as I grew up in NE KS. I know all about how horrible the drive is from Salina to Denver, but I though NE KS was pretty nice.

Then, I moved to East TN. Now I know what hills are.

I do miss being able to see more than a few hundred feet. I REALLY miss that.

I've never understood people that consider a place to have "nothing" if it's not covered with crappy chain restaurants, gas stations, and row housing. To me, that is nothing.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 PM

17 posts, read 45,327 times
kcmo, I can agree with you on many aspects on Kansas City and its misconceptions. Growing up in KCMO and now currently residing in eastern joco, I can compare the two and as far as your descriptions of Kansas goes you are very wrong. I am a liberal, non religious person and the majority of my neighborhood is likewise. I also don't understand your bashings of KU. Lawrence, like Kansas City, is a unique town. I suggest you go there sometime, its a cool place and only a short drive from KCMO. If KCMO and JOCO didnt hate each other so much Kansas City would be a much better area in general. However, I can agree that the Missouri side of the metro has much more to do and I spend the majority of my time there. I only live a block from state line so I have the best of both worlds.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,060 times
What I dislike about Kansas.... Still thinking ... .... ... ... ... Well there it is. Loved Central Kansas from when the Army dumped me here 10+ years ago and now retired and raising the kids here. You won't catch me moving to either Coast or up north (way too much snow) or down south (I'll take my chance with a twisters before running from hurricanes). Small town living at it's best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or