Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

it was the behavior not the race, but of course we get to talk about that alot on CDF dont we.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 PM

53 posts, read 135,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
My mother works for the US Immigration dept and she says as long as any immigrant that comes into this country becomes a US Citizen the RIGHT WAY - meaning, paying your fees and whatever else that the law states, she is all for anyone coming to take residence here.
I have to ask what does your mother has to say about those American corporations and individuals that purposefully hire the illegal immigrants? I'm of the opinion if no one would hire them, they wouldn't waste the shoe leather it take to cross the border. Not that I'm going to justify illegal entry, but Americans getting by with screwing over their fellow Americans does torque me off.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvlman View Post
I have to ask what does your mother has to say about those American corporations and individuals that purposefully hire the illegal immigrants? I'm of the opinion if no one would hire them, they wouldn't waste the shoe leather it take to cross the border. Not that I'm going to justify illegal entry, but Americans getting by with screwing over their fellow Americans does torque me off.
Tell that to out-sourcers and I'll echo your sentiment. I'm amazed immigration has become such a hot-button economic topic, but out-sourcing is tolerated as sound American business.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM

850 posts, read 1,545,946 times
We just stereotype people too much. They always work here or they make up this amount of the gangs..etc. In different states there are various gangs, Asians, Blacks, Mexicans, Whites, Italians, etc. All I care about is that any immigrant, mexican, european, or whatever, that wants to come to the US and work and become eligble for benefits, be a US citizen.

If we go to another country we have to comply with their laws and I bet they aren't as lenient as ours has become. From my mothers work (US Immigration) I see alot of good people that pay allot of money to become a US Citizen and have the right to vote and complain about the goings of this country. But to come here illegally, get jobs, apply for Medical, and use our benefits and my tax money is where I draw the line.

You wanna be a us citizen? PAY YOUR FEES and do it the right way. I have no pity for anyone sneaking over ANY BORDER illegally.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
We just stereotype people too much. They always work here or they make up this amount of the gangs..etc. In different states there are various gangs, Asians, Blacks, Mexicans, Whites, Italians, etc. All I care about is that any immigrant, mexican, european, or whatever, that wants to come to the US and work and become eligble for benefits, be a US citizen.

If we go to another country we have to comply with their laws and I bet they aren't as lenient as ours has become. From my mothers work (US Immigration) I see alot of good people that pay allot of money to become a US Citizen and have the right to vote and complain about the goings of this country. But to come here illegally, get jobs, apply for Medical, and use our benefits and my tax money is where I draw the line.

You wanna be a us citizen? PAY YOUR FEES and do it the right way. I have no pity for anyone sneaking over ANY BORDER illegally.
Agreed... anyone who doesn't put into the system shouldn't expect the system to offer something in return. Those who are down-trodden are the exception, but too many who are "down-trodden" nowadays have really just squandered ample opportunities or shunned personal responsibility. Ultimately, those people are thieves of coffers meant for people with hindrances that can't be helped, and I don't understand where we find pity for people who are so callous to the needs of their fellows or their host. If you can't pay your dues, taking is forgiveable; but if you choose not to pay your dues, taking is reprehensible and only goes to further serve inequity.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 10,134 times
First of all is not PODORICO!! is Puerto Rico, I really suggest do some spell check especially when mention a country or a US territory. Second, it has to be with the fact mexicans are not willing to learn our language and adapt to our culture. This is our territory so you must adapt to our way of life. Third, it is okay to help our families but when I see people sending 75 - 85% of their net income to Mexico its kind of sad when they can use that money to invest in self improvement education, clothes, housing, medicines etc. Then, the gangs!! who wants to live in a place full of gangs?? and finally if your are here illegal then behave and live in a decent way and stay out of trouble.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:15 PM

822 posts, read 2,046,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy123 View Post
First of all is not PODORICO!! is Puerto Rico, I really suggest do some spell check especially when mention a country or a US territory. Second, it has to be with the fact mexicans are not willing to learn our language and adapt to our culture. This is our territory so you must adapt to our way of life. Third, it is okay to help our families but when I see people sending 75 - 85% of their net income to Mexico its kind of sad when they can use that money to invest in self improvement education, clothes, housing, medicines etc. Then, the gangs!! who wants to live in a place full of gangs?? and finally if your are here illegal then behave and live in a decent way and stay out of trouble.
By that reasoning, we should be living in tepees and hunting buffalo.

I guess turn about is fair play.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy123 View Post
Third, it is okay to help our families but when I see people sending 75 - 85% of their net income to Mexico its kind of sad when they can use that money to invest in self improvement education, clothes, housing, medicines etc.
This is a difference of culture. All for one and one for all. It's common among Latino/Hispanic cultures. Working together as an extended family unit for the benefit of everyone is a way of life. That's why you often see 3 or 4 generations of a family living under the same roof.

It's something more of us in America could take a lesson on.

I'm not saying we should all live exactly the same way. But there are lessons to be learned ... if we can put aside the animosity for minute or two.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM

29 posts, read 87,063 times
I love Kansas, Some people may not like change. However they are nice to everyone. Maybe it's the fact that a lot of the hispanics that are taking over kansas refuse to learn english, because unlike Miami Kansas is an English speaking state.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 10,134 times
You know !! we should bring Cubans to Kansas, at least they are progressive people and willing to learn english and with a much better attitude, I never seen a poor Cuban in the US. Why?? because their attitude and jobs ethics and eagerness to work in our farms or become owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas