Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,476,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
church demoniations
A little Freudian slip there?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM

26,374 posts, read 46,232,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha S View Post
A little Freudian slip there?
I fixed it.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:24 AM

35 posts, read 103,969 times
Default Not everyone is racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620EASTGC View Post
Why is everyone racist. On several forums about garden city always complain about mexicans. They have no real reason for this. Only god could judge us.
I dont think many Americans are racist. That word is used loosely and for more than what the meaning implies. A lot of Americans think immigrants(whatever country they are from) should love the country, become a legal citizen, speak english and pay taxes to get the benefits this country provides and all of our taxes are paying for, not racism just want equality and fairness, its not judging, work by the sweat of your brow and pay caesar what is due. Who likes someone getting into their pockets when they have worked for what they have, and the other person hasnt contributed. Just something to think about. God loves all his people and so should we. We should be more concerned about our families and keeping them safe from drugs, abuse and murder right!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,747,250 times
OP's title is poorly worded,makes a generalization and belongs in another..
Forum section.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM

702 posts, read 2,506,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I can't believe this is still being discussed. Kansas businesses love Mexicans, especially illegals because they keep the wages. They actually keep the wages down in every state where I have lived.

So you are ok with low wages??? Then to follow your logic you think minimum wage should be much lower then it currently is??? This is exactly one of the large issues with hiring illegals, a US citizen would work these type jobs if the salary was acceptable, but as long as you have illegals doing jobs for next to nothing these US citizens cannot compete!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:42 PM

822 posts, read 2,034,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
So you are ok with low wages??? Then to follow your logic you think minimum wage should be much lower then it currently is??? This is exactly one of the large issues with hiring illegals, a US citizen would work these type jobs if the salary was acceptable, but as long as you have illegals doing jobs for next to nothing these US citizens cannot compete!
Help me understand why it is that US citizens cannot compete for US jobs that illegals are doing. The illegals don't go home to Mexico every night, so do they not have the same cost of living as the Americans?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 PM

702 posts, read 2,506,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Help me understand why it is that US citizens cannot compete for US jobs that illegals are doing. The illegals don't go home to Mexico every night, so do they not have the same cost of living as the Americans?
Of course they don't have the same cost of living, there is 20 of them in one house! How is that the same cost of living??

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

822 posts, read 2,034,969 times
You're missing the point. Because they choose to share expenses is why their 'cost of living' as you call it, is less. What you're actually saying is that Americans refuse to live like that, then say they can't compete. They can compete--they just have to lower their living costs, like the Mexicans do.

That, or get a better job that pays enough so that you don't have to share expenses with roommates.

But a person cannot just remain in a low-skill occupation and bemoan the fact that others can make a go of it at that pay rate if they choose to share expenses. No one is just going to pay you according to what your living expenses are; they pay you according to how hard you are to replace.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM

35 posts, read 103,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
point is they are illegally here, and get financial benefits than legal citizens cant even though they make min. wage, that is wrong, would you work for minimum wage? would you live in a group home? It keeps the gov. from raising the min wage and it is very difficult to live on $6 dollars an hour. Have you tried it?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,587,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think people take out their frustration on imigrants, they associate the influx of imigrants with the economic decline of an area. most of them are too ignorant to realized imigrants are saving their town from becoming an old cattle ghost town. they are also too stupied to do the math and add up how many Mexican dollars are circulating in their city. They are also too stupied to know that the so called Kansas Cowboy culture was taught to the white man by Mexican Vacaros.
Illegal or legal immigrants? Just do nothing about the illegal immigration and your town will get to deal with what AZ, CA and TX are trying to get a grip on. If I wanted to live in Tijuana I would have moved there. Good luck, the last time I went home (KS area) I couldn't believe how many Illegal Immigrants were there. We either change our social service network or eliminate illegal entry into the US. All of that money being paid under the table goes back to Mexico never to be seen here ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas