Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:24 PM

822 posts, read 2,034,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmartin View Post
point is they are illegally here, and get financial benefits than legal citizens cant even though they make min. wage,
Under what conditions does the government give benefits to illegals and deny them to citizens?
Quote:

that is wrong, would you work for minimum wage? would you live in a group home? It keeps the gov. from raising the min wage
I have worked for minimum wage. I decided I didn't like it so I went back to school and got educated, at my own expense. No gifts, grants, etc. I did get student loans but paid them back. I see no barrier whatsoever to anybody who is inclined to follow that route. It works. But you cannot choose a field in which there are few, if any, job opportunities upon completion and there are many degree programs that fall into that category.

Quote:
and it is very difficult to live on $6 dollars an hour. Have you tried it?
As I stated earlier, no one pays you based upon what it costs you to live. They pay you based upon how hard you are to replace.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:10 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Help me understand why it is that US citizens cannot compete for US jobs that illegals are doing. The illegals don't go home to Mexico every night, so do they not have the same cost of living as the Americans?
If they are getting paid cash under the table it's not taxed. Take a look at what you bring in before and after taxes. We have so many Illegals in CA they have created complete under ground economies that are completely off of the books. A large portion of that money goes directly to their home Countries by wire.

People using illlegal labor benefit from it while the rest of us tax paying schlubs pick up the tab for their medical care and schooling. Guess how much it costs for just one birthing.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM

822 posts, read 2,034,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they are getting paid cash under the table it's not taxed. Take a look at what you bring in before and after taxes. We have so many Illegals in CA they have created complete under ground economies that are completely off of the books. A large portion of that money goes directly to their home Countries by wire.

People using illlegal labor benefit from it while the rest of us tax paying schlubs pick up the tab for their medical care and schooling. Guess how much it costs for just one birthing.
Good points.

The illegals have willing accomplices in this, namely the employers who hire them. Maybe we ought to get just as mad (or madder) at American landscape contractors and roofers?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 AM

58 posts, read 371,402 times
Well, In California the Hispanics are killing innocent people. See below, google for more incidents. There are more.......

Andrew Jackson, Quinn McCaleb, Redlands, Search, Shooting, teens, Warrants
REDLANDS (AP) —*Redlands police say they have served search warrants at six homes in connection with last month’s fatal shooting of two teens.

Police spokesman Carl Baker says the warrants were served at 7 a.m. Thursday. He says police made three arrests that were unrelated to the killings and the investigation continues.

Four teen boys were shot Jan. 5 in a common playground area between two apartment buildings.

One victim, 17-year-old Quinn McCaleb, was pronounced dead at the scene. Three others were taken to a hospital, where 16-year-old Andrew Jackson died.

Two other teens treated and released. A fifth teen ran from the shooting and was not injured.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:46 AM

58 posts, read 371,402 times
The suspects are Hispanic! I've been following the story.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,836,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX_Airport View Post
The suspects are Hispanic! I've been following the story.
The suspects are criminals. There are criminals of every race, it's not just limited to Hispanics. Good grief, why even reserect this old topic?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM

874 posts, read 1,641,685 times
Not many people are. Our president is black so you know racism is slowly dying.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,654,884 times
I thought "mexican" was a nationality, not a race.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,798,493 times
Why is everyone racist to mexicans

Sweeping generalizations are seldom accurate!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,798,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Illegal or legal immigrants? Just do nothing about the illegal immigration and your town will get to deal with what AZ, CA and TX are trying to get a grip on. If I wanted to live in Tijuana I would have moved there. Good luck, the last time I went home (KS area) I couldn't believe how many Illegal Immigrants were there. We either change our social service network or eliminate illegal entry into the US. All of that money being paid under the table goes back to Mexico never to be seen here ever again.
Ah yes, ignorance rears its' ugly head. There may indeed be a number of Hispanic in the KS area. This does not mean they are all illegal, nor does it infer that they are all Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas