Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM

16 posts, read 100,991 times

Advertisements

man how would u like if everyone was racist to americans

Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 100,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The discussion is a waste of space. Let's see you defend the blacks whose ancestors were brought over in chains. I lived through the 50's & 60's when they were fighting for civil rights because they were considered less than human. Give me a break as I get tired of hearing about the poor Hispanics since they have had it really easy here in my opinion. We were in Arizona for 6 years also so I know a little about the immigrant problem.
walk through my shoes and u will see reality we have it harder then u think if u were mexican u would understand

Old 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,417 times
The question is, why should American citizens tolerate an enormous influx of people from a foreign country that often don't come here legally, who make babies they often can't afford (to anchor their citizenship), acquire subsidies from the government such as section 8 housing, AFDC/welfare benefits, food stamps, WIC programs, and commit more crimes on average than the people that are native to the area? Why is it, that Mexicans must depend on the white man to uplift them? Why can't they do it on their own? Could it be a cultural difference? Why is it, they are so smug to learning English/Assimilating to U.S. culture? Especially when there a tax-payer subsidized ESL classes. European immigrants from many years ago never had any such luxuries. And we had no one to help and uplift us.

Isn't it interesting how a people can just come here set up home, and say OK, this is where I live now, I don't have to obey any immigration laws, and declare, you must help me, otherwise I'll call you racist.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 PM

262 posts, read 567,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
The question is, why should American citizens tolerate an enormous influx of people from a foreign country that often don't come here legally, who make babies they often can't afford (to anchor their citizenship), acquire subsidies from the government such as section 8 housing, AFDC/welfare benefits, food stamps, WIC programs, and commit more crimes on average than the people that are native to the area? Why is it, that Mexicans must depend on the white man to uplift them? Why can't they do it on their own? Could it be a cultural difference? Why is it, they are so smug to learning English/Assimilating to U.S. culture? Especially when there a tax-payer subsidized ESL classes. European immigrants from many years ago never had any such luxuries. And we had no one to help and uplift us.

Isn't it interesting how a people can just come here set up home, and say OK, this is where I live now, I don't have to obey any immigration laws, and declare, you must help me, otherwise I'll call you racist.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
guz lots of people that they met were not nice like you.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 PM

262 posts, read 567,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 620EASTGC View Post
walk through my shoes and u will see reality we have it harder then u think if u were mexican u would understand
The thing is the blacks got FORCED to come over here in chains,you didn't, if you don't like it why not go back?or just grow a thicker skin.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 PM

76 posts, read 203,818 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse
The discussion is a waste of space. Let's see you defend the blacks whose ancestors were brought over in chains. I lived through the 50's & 60's when they were fighting for civil rights because they were considered less than human. Give me a break as I get tired of hearing about the poor Hispanics since they have had it really easy here in my opinion. We were in Arizona for 6 years also so I know a little about the immigrant problem.

620EASTGC- walk through my shoes and u will see reality we have it harder then u think if u were mexican u would understand

620EASTGC, you are so far out of touch with reality I can't even believe it! How can you say that Hispanics have it harder than African Americans had it during the civil rights era? That's the most moronic thing I've ever heard. No one brought YOU here in chains, whipped you, beat you and forced you to stay. No one is currently trying to segregate you. You've never had to use a separate restroom, area in a theater or sit in the back of the bus.
You tell me, how do Hispanics have it harder?

And I agree, I'm tired of seeing Hispanics move over here and get on welfare, etc and still get their citizenship! My husband is from England and if we got on welfare we would NEVER see him get his citizenship! It's almost as if there is a double standard in this country for immigration. If you're Mexican you're basically on easy street with a free ride. While all others are expected to tow the line.
People are racist to Mexicans because a lot of them come over illegally, act like fools and commit crimes. People are also hostile towards them because they are taking over a lot of jobs that have up until this point been done by Americans.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Default Website Offers So Much

This website offers so much in the way of information. Why would I tell someone not to move to Garden City? Look at the crime statistics and also we checked out both Garden City and Dodge City and when we learned of the high percentage of non-English speaking children needing ESL services, we knew our son with special needs would be pushed aside again just like in Arizona. Both special education and ESL money come from the same pot and I was tired of my son who had no language skills being pushed aside so classes could be taught in Spanish for non-English speaking kids. Mexicans, so they aren't Americans? I guess I am Euro-American so what does that get me. I grew up in Michigan where the underground railroad had ended and have had the chance to live in several states and study history, talk to a lot of different people and comparing what the "Mexicans" have went through in this country to what the Black Americans have been through - get serious. And, for that matter, what about the American Indians? I suppose the "Mexicans" have had it harder than the American Indians too? The majority of our ancestors who immigrated to the US went through really hard time - no government benefits for food, medical care, etc. I did see where some immigrants are returning to Mexico - the one I saw had lost a very good job in the auto industry that paid more than what anyone makes in our town and I wondered why they keep saying that the jobs the immigrants hold are ones we won't do? Mexican is not a race by the way.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,503,629 times
Quote:
This is ridiculous.

You are not a racist if you are against illegal immigration. NO ONE is arguing that illegal immigrants should be allowed free reign to break the law.

You ARE a racist if you assume that every person you see who remotely looks Hispanic MUST BE an illegal alien and so you despise them all while claiming to only despise "the illegals". You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:

Well said. My Grandmother came here from another country,& while she held on to some customs from her home country,she learned the language and became an American the LEGAL way. She would never have dreamed of coming to America & DEMANDING Americans learn the language of her native country to accomodate her.
It is sickening that illegals are too dang LAZY to work hard and build up THEIR OWN COUNTRY,that they have to sneak into ours and demand we accomodate them. I'm sorry things are so bad in Mexico. Too bad they don't get together and FIX their country instead of illegally invading & breaking the laws of another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas