Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times

Advertisements

I think they get that idea from the ignorant, corrupt governement who does not want to support them. The whole thing reminds me too much of Hitler and his ideas of supremacy. I suppose we we will have to endure Civil War to break the gridlock.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:11 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
What is your explanation for the multi-million Mexicans who sneak across our southern border every year?
My "explanation"? What's to explain? We have something they want, and they have something that enough of us want (or we'd be disincenting them to come, it wouldn't be that hard.)

(I could explain OhioUberAlles, but I don't want to break the TOS here. )

Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM

76 posts, read 203,761 times
The point is they just don't belong here. For the most part they are illegal, do not want to follow our laws and customs and are disruptive to society.
They are also slowing down the immigration process for those that deserve it and want to assimilate and actually be US Citizens.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailin View Post
The point is they just don't belong here. For the most part they are illegal, do not want to follow our laws and customs and are disruptive to society.
They are also slowing down the immigration process for those that deserve it and want to assimilate and actually be US Citizens.
So you don't like Mexicans at all, legal or not? That's what I was waiting for you to admit.

To the original poster: The continued assertion that most people of Mexican/Hispanic decent are here illegally despite a showing to the contrary on page 3 again goes back to your original post. So many people refuse to acknowledge this and instead use it as a way to harbor racist beliefs while claiming to only dislike the "illegals".

Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Samantha S-
So you don't like Mexicans at all, legal or not? That's what I was waiting for you to admit.
What a way to put words in my mouth! I never said I don't like Mexicans in general. I am referring to those that poop in their yard, drive without proper licenses, flagrantly break our laws and generally act like fools. But hey, believe what you want.
In my opinion the illegal Mexicans are giving the ones that are here legally a bad name.

You obviously missed where I stated "They are also slowing down the immigration process for those that deserve it and want to assimilate and actually be US Citizens". That statement in itself should tell you I'm talking about illegal Mexicans.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
What a way to put words in my mouth! I never said I don't like Mexicans in general.
You said, "they just don't belong here"

Then you said, "For the most part they are illegal"

So then who is "they"? Just "people you don't like"? And are they all Mexican?

Because I know PLENTY of lily-white Kansans who drive without proper licenses, flagrantly break our laws and generally act like fools. How about you? Can we ship all of those "they" somewhere too?

But we're not talking about those "they" are we? 'Cuz you and I are probably both related to some!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
samantha s-
So then who is "they"? Just "people you don't like"? And are they all Mexican?

Because I know PLENTY of lily-white Kansans who drive without proper licenses, flagrantly break our laws and generally act like fools. How about you? Can we ship all of those "they" somewhere too?

But we're not talking about those "they" are we? 'Cuz you and I are probably both related to some!
I cannot stand when people bring up the word "they" like it's a racial slur. They is just a word and *GASP* here's a shocker, it is usually used to refer to a certain group of individuals. What's wrong with that? In this instance I am using it to refer to illegal Mexicans, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise.
Second of all we aren't talking about people originally born here who act like fools. We're talking about illegal and sometimes the legal immigrants as well who come over here and do so.
And yes, people who come over here and act the fool and show no respect for the established culture should be sent back to where they came from, I don't care who they are.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Judge not les ye want to be judged

Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Judge not les ye want to be judged

Do unto others...

Do Mexicans want 40-60 million White folks to move into their nation, establish English as a de facto second language on the national level, the de facto primary language in numerous cities, form White gangs, talk openly about forcibly breaking away parts of Mexico and forming a White Republic, all while demanding unlimited benefits, recognition of European holidays, etc.

Would Mexicans welcome that in the name of diversity and tolerance? Would any sane people welcome that?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I cannot stand when people bring up the word "they" like it's a racial slur. They is just a word and *GASP* here's a shocker, it is usually used to refer to a certain group of individuals. What's wrong with that? In this instance I am using it to refer to illegal Mexicans, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise.
You are correct. "They" is a pronoun used to refer to a group of individuals.

You used it to refer to more than just illegal Mexicans, because you went on to say that "for the most part they are illegal." So who is the rest of the "they"? I could only infer it was Mexicans in general.

So okay, let me see if I now understand you: The people to whom you refer who "don't belong here" are illegal Mexicans or any other Mexicans who do something wrong like break the law or "act like a fool." Is that right?

Well, that's convenient, because if you wait long enough, pretty much everyone will eventually do something you don't like, right?

Oh yes, and let's not forget, they must also have adequate "respect for the established culture". What another convenient requirement! Because the first time someone doesn't look at you right, or who dares to speak Spanish in your presence, you can chalk them right up to that list!

I stand by my assertions to the original poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas