U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

610 posts, read 1,127,817 times

Advertisements

Or is this the deadest forum on City-Data?! I find this forum to be very slow. I think this just goes to show how boring Kansas can be or perhaps it shows that there is a lot to do in Kansas. What do y'all think?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 PM

146 posts, read 321,947 times
Lots to do...

Old 07-06-2009, 11:37 PM

7,829 posts, read 9,679,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekychick View Post
Lots to do...
like go to KCMO, Colorado, Branson, St Louis etc.

You eventually got to get bored with Village West, Oak Park Mall and Leawood Town Center.

I guess it's also just fun to dress up in KU gear and drive around Kansas with KU license plates and let it be known that KU is gods gift to the world. Seems like a lot of people enjoy doing that as well

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

You eventually got to get bored with Village West, Oak Park Mall and Leawood Town Center.

I guess it's also just fun to dress up in KU gear and drive around Kansas with KU license plates and let it be known that KU is gods gift to the world. Seems like a lot of people enjoy doing that as well

Um... Is this ^ an insult?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 AM

7,829 posts, read 9,679,903 times
Not really, just stating what people in Kansas seem to do for fun and wearing KU and Kstate gear everywhere they go seems to be one of the things people do there.

I have season tix to the Royals and you can spot the Kansas side royals fans pretty easily since most of them have something KU on at a Royals game.

College sports is a big deal in Kansas as is Nebraska Furniture Mart and the TBones baseball team.

You asked what people do in Kansas other than leaving the state, that's what people do.

It's no wonder Kansas people don't tend to correct people that think KC (the interesting KC) is in Kansas. All of the "positive" things Kansas is known for are things that are actually in Missouri (pro sports, amusement parks, zoo, airport, skyline, plaza, arenas, theater etc).

There really isn't much in Kansas. I guess that's the bottom line. Not an insult, just a fact.

It has a bunch of family oriented suburbs, a nascar track, KU/Kstate and wichita.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Not really, just stating what people in Kansas seem to do for fun and wearing KU and Kstate gear everywhere they go seems to be one of the things people do there.

I have season tix to the Royals and you can spot the Kansas side royals fans pretty easily since most of them have something KU on at a Royals game.

College sports is a big deal in Kansas as is Nebraska Furniture Mart and the TBones baseball team.

You asked what people do in Kansas other than leaving the state, that's what people do.

It's no wonder Kansas people don't tend to correct people that think KC (the interesting KC) is in Kansas. All of the "positive" things Kansas is known for are things that are actually in Missouri (pro sports, amusement parks, zoo, airport, skyline, plaza, arenas, theater etc).

There really isn't much in Kansas. I guess that's the bottom line. Not an insult, just a fact.

It has a bunch of family oriented suburbs, a nascar track, KU/Kstate and wichita.
Well..... uhh... I'll get back to ya on that... wayyyy too tired my friend.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 AM

378 posts, read 1,098,839 times
Right, because the amount of things to do in Kansas or any other state is determined by the number of posts on City-Data.com

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 AM

4,147 posts, read 3,762,526 times
We have a lot of older people, rural people and poverty level people that don't have computer access. The rest that don't post either enjoy camping, fishing, hunting or live in one of the metro areas.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM

6,067 posts, read 5,257,263 times
I know of some real hipster types in Kansas , they mow their lawns on the diagonal !

Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 AM

32 posts, read 80,313 times
Well I personally think this board is slow because it is full of whiners! People are bored, people do not like Kansas, blah, blah, blah. If you live in Kansas and do not like it MOVE! If you do not live in Kansas then why do you care what goes on? I think the intent of this board is to give info to those looking to move to other areas not to listen to a bunch of people moan and groan about Kansas and troll. People have got to remember that what you like maybe not what others like. I have been to 46 states and have seen it all...I accept Kansas for what it is and am happy to live here .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas