Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:32 PM

211 posts, read 548,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydigger View Post
Good luck with that, the only people who would even know about it would be the morbid seekers who would want to stay or visit because of its history. You would either not want it because you would want peace or want it because it is a morbid reminder of what happened. Unless you are going to make some kind of ghost bed and breakfast out of it, it would not be desirable. Unless you get a woody from rape and death being comitted in your home. In the case of the latter why not fix up Sobibor?
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Wow, you certainly have a lot to say. I am not morbid. You are lewd. And there was no rape in the house, I am familiar with the case. You can believe what you want, I didn't ask for your opinion. The current owners (since 1990) have kept it in pristine condition. It is not haunted and so a ghost B&B would be cliche and tacky. I can have peace no matter where I live.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 PM

211 posts, read 548,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydigger View Post
preserve the history? It does not have the following that Lizzy Borden has, and if you preserve it you are boarding on making a shrine of something horrible and may need help. They tore down Jeff Dahmer's apartment building, no one kept it for the history.

I think that there are several factors that work on something like this. First if the act has enough of a following, or it has a weird type of crime act, like Liz Borden and her parents murders, with an unsolved crime. Time, is if far enough away from the present to give people a sense of historical prospective or is it too close to the present. Is it really historical or is it just a horrible crime? The clutter event does not meet any real test, it is just a senseless crime on an innocent family, one that happens every day somewhere. It is not of any historical importance, and it is not a particularly interesting happening. Capote was the more interesting character in the recent movies rather than the story he was working on.

So to preserve this shows some obsession you may have with this particular act, but the public would not share it with you. It is a big home built for a family that works on a remote farm that was murdered by habitual criminals. Dahmer as sick of a person as he was had weird obsession of turning people into sex zombies then eating them, by drilling holes in their head, so sick and bizarre one cannot turn away. The Clutter story is not that particularly strange to us and the home if no one could forget it would have to be torn down because who would live in a remote area with no work unless you were obsessed with the story? There are many homes that are trying to pray on this with little success.

There are many places for sale, recently the Ramsey home was for sale where the murder took place, the Tate Polanski home has been up for sale on and off over the years. But the Ramsey home has the element of unsolved crime and may move into the realm of the Borden crime, and the Tate home has the everlasting Manson connection, but the Clutter home is fading in the minds of many people and the only historical connection is for those that are obsessed with it.
The Tate house was torn down. No one was asking what you thought of turning the Clutter home into a morbid enterprise! If I am interested in buying the home it is because I think it's beautiful. We are a family of 7 and we like it out west. We also are decent people who would do nothing but live there and be respectful by NOT turning the place into a circus. Not that I owed you any explanation. So would you stop with the dramatics already? Sounds like you are the one obsessed with horror

Old 11-15-2009, 09:53 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
one of my favorite books, but there is no way in heck i would ever want to live in that house. no way!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmith View Post
I agree gimme it. I think that if you focus on a home that has had so much violence in it you must have some morbid thoughts in your head or be in need of Psychiatric help. There are many homes available that are large for a Catholic [I assume when you have that many kids, birth control must be a problem for you] population machine. And with the housing market as it is you can find great deals, so to say it is because it is a nice home is not being truthful. Someone must have a guilty pleasure of blood lust or need excitement in their lives. I would talk to a Psychologist for a few weeks to start to get my head strait.
This is the most ignorant thing I've ever read.

1) 5 kids in a family is not all that uncommon. There is no need to be so insulting to large families and Catholics for that matter. Maybe they are a blended family. Maybe they just love children! As long as a family has the means to support their children, it is not up to you or anyone else to decide how many they should have.

2) That someone is able to look past a tragic event that happened in a house and see the property as a family home - the purpose for which it was lovingly built! - does not mean they are in need of a psychologist.

Perhaps it is you who could use some counseling to help you understand why you would display such hostility toward someone you don't even know and hide behind a pseudonym to insult them.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 AM

17 posts, read 13,156 times
Ohhhh, looks like a nerve was struck. As Monty Python said in the meaning of life, "bloody Catholics filling up the bloody world with bloody children they can't afford to bloody feed"LOL
You are more than looking past a tragic event you are thriving on it as your posts show. And as for a pseudonym, Sam S. may or may not be your name so throwing rocks from a glass house, [not the clutter home] is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

I can give you a name but how would you know it was who I am? I can give you a relatives name or a fake name I made up, My name is Burney Shickelgruber, and I live on 2202 Rogers lane Goddard Kansas.
P.S. how do you know it was lovingly built? I think this is a jump to a conclusion that one does not matter and two is not supported unless you were there when the builder built it. I know many people who say they built homes and never drove one nail into one stud. Homes are boxes in the ground that eventually rot. The home is the family that you care about, not a box that is slowly rotting that murders and rapes were committed in. Saying the home had a purpose beyond keeping the rain off the heads of the occupants and that it was lovingly built is a lot like saying This is the greatest country in the world. How do you know? Have you been to other countries? What standards have you set and controls are there for this statement to be measured? The truth is there are none and this country may be good for some, but other countries are just as good for others maybe even better for some people. I am not insulting you, just point out inconsistencies in your statements.
P.S.S. 5 kids is a lot of kids, and we will one day have to deal with overpopulation and the old Catholic no contraception will be thrown out the window. It is not a sustainable way of life for humans. 7 billion and counting and the earth can only support some 4 billion on a sustainable basis? Give me a break, no we can not just keep population growth like it is. We are at a breaking point were manditory abortions or one child limits like China will have to be imposed in future. This is a reality that will one day be here, and if not taken seriously now, it will be a hard reality in the future. Those little rubber things will have to be allowed, if not by the Hitler Youth Pope, than the next.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I ran it through a search engine and found a picture of the house and it is big and beautiful. I wouldn't buy it. I did find that it was on the market in 2006 by people who bought it in 1990 for I think $275,000 and it has about 7 acres I thought I read but didn't find anything current on it. I would live there but won't judge those who have different feelings since I feel torn between it being respectable to tear it down for "peace" and having someone preserve it for its value that the family "live" on through the beautiful house they built.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:59 AM

17 posts, read 13,156 times
I think that for 275k you can do as well or better in a better location that is near things to do. If you want seclusion you can alway buy Palins old place in Alaska when she does the crash and burn tour for 2012. LOL.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 AM

378 posts, read 1,620,839 times
The debate forums are that way --> http://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/

Old 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmith View Post
Ohhhh, looks like a nerve was struck.
Yeah, I have an aversion to ignorant people insulting others for no reason.

Call me crazy ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: