Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 AM

77,734 posts, read 59,858,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
And for a smoker, it's less enjoyable now.
So, if you live near the state line do you tend to go to MO places instead now or have enough KS places added outdoor areas etc? (Sorry I don't pay that much attention to this so curious.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,226,339 times
Quote:
And for a smoker, it's less enjoyable now.
I really do get that. But you have to admit you understand the other side of the argument.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, if you live near the state line do you tend to go to MO places instead now or have enough KS places added outdoor areas etc? (Sorry I don't pay that much attention to this so curious.)
Nobody allows smoking inside anymore. Missouri or Kansas...nobody allows smoking inside.

Personally, I've stopped eating out a whole lot. I'll get take out and occasionally eat in, but it's just not as enjoyable for me to eat inside of a restaurant anymore. I'm more comfortable in my own home where I CAN SMOKE!!!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I really do get that. But you have to admit you understand the other side of the argument.
Absolutely! I'm experiencing what life must have been like for a non-smoker back in the 1960's now, only the shoe is on the other foot.

Back in the day, a non-smoker couldn't get a breath of fresh air cause smoking was accepted everywhere. Now it's accepted nowhere...so the pendulum has swung to the point of imbalance the other way now.

Remember the Dr. Suess story about the sneeches? lololol "Some have stars and some have not"...same thing here with the smoking / non smoking issue.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM

77,734 posts, read 59,858,282 times
Quote:
Nobody allows smoking inside anymore. Missouri or Kansas...nobody allows smoking inside.

Personally, I've stopped eating out a whole lot. I'll get take out and occasionally eat in, but it's just not as enjoyable for me to eat inside of a restaurant anymore. I'm more comfortable in my own home where I CAN SMOKE!!!
Ah, ok...thanks for the info.
I have noticed a lot of places have put outside areas, patios etc. out but obviously that's only nice during the warmer parts of the year.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,248,748 times
Let me know when it passes...I'll be loading up a truck full of bootleg Co-Cola here in Colorado and dodgin' the Jayhawk revenuers.

Only government could come up with an idea like making a contraband profit opportunity out of a case of friggin' Fanta grape soda...

What d'ya suppose the penalty will be for possession of sale weight of Coke (Classic)??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: