Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:57 PM

47 posts, read 83,507 times

Advertisements

Basically that article was about a guy, a very mentally ill fellow, who would go into homes and get food. He's been captured and is receiving treatment in another state. He wore a toga looking outfit and was referred to as The Jesus Bandit. He was harmless. I know of a vacation home that was broken into over in Hanalei and they were caught as well. We live in Princeville and have experienced no crime at all. Cars will get broken into in the parking areas for Ke'e beach. It's mostly tourist vehicles that are parked there while the owners hike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:29 PM

69 posts, read 100,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanapepePuppy View Post
Sigh...
Guns are tools not image boosters...
. Well said indeed, mahalo.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:58 AM

32 posts, read 43,708 times
Well, forgetting that there are state forums for 2A, I would have gone there had I known the anti's run rampant on the forums and on Kauai, lol.

Thank you gents that were polite in your answers,
CW

Old 09-28-2015, 09:02 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Warrior View Post
Obviously this thread isn't for you anti's, so not really looking for answers from you. I don't expect people to agree with pro-gunners and not trying to convince anyone, but for you to act holier-than-thow while spouting off your fake "aloha", well.... I'd suggest rethinking your own attitude.

So how'bout Kauai gun owners?
CW
Yeah, Texas

Old 10-19-2015, 05:20 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ's Warrior View Post
Obviously this thread isn't for you anti's, so not really looking for answers from you. I don't expect people to agree with pro-gunners and not trying to convince anyone, but for you to act holier-than-thow while spouting off your fake "aloha", well.... I'd suggest rethinking your own attitude.

So how'bout Kauai gun owners?
CW
I live in Arizona, and I am very pro Second Amendment and a proud gun owner, and I have visited Oahu and Kauai and I know that Hawaii is not a very pro-gun state. When you have an example like the Honolulu police department recently destroying their own department-issued firearms that were about to be replaced, rather than selling them to private citizens, in Hawaii or the mainland, that should tell you something about Hawaii's anti-gun stance. I'm sure not all Hawaii's citizens agree with their government regarding the Second Amendment; I spoke with a couple of people on the Hawaiian Air flight and cabin crews, who live in Hawaii, they mentioned that they don't have the same freedoms US citizens have in most mainland states when it comes to firearms.

Kauai is a very beautiful island and a nice place to visit, and the last time I was on Kauai was in October of 2014, I was on the way to Waimea Canyon and I saw a small group of hunters. I didn't stop to talk to them but I figured there are pro-gun/hunting folks out there, in all of the Hawaiian Islands, not just Kauai. I also recall seeing something about a couple of gun clubs in Hawaii, not sure which islands, but that's something you might check into also if you want to go to a place for target shooting.

This might give you a little more information also.

The Hunting Shop Of Kauai Gun Shop in Lihue (HI) | HookandBullet.com

Old 10-19-2015, 05:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Hawaii has very reasonable gun laws. don't like the law here, move to a state that is more in line with your thinking you will be much happier.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:07 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Hawaii has very reasonable gun laws. don't like the law here, move to a state that is more in line with your thinking you will be much happier.
The Bill of Rights applies in every state and territory of the United States.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:12 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
the bill of rights applies in every state and territory of the united states.
this

Old 10-19-2015, 06:34 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The Bill of Rights applies in every state and territory of the United States.
obviously. with that being said, Hawaii has very reasonable gun laws.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:42 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
obviously. with that being said, Hawaii has very reasonable gun laws.
Yep, we've even got our share of shared off shotguns just like the mainland....

Hawaii Local Breaking News and Headlines - Molokai shooting victims say ex-con fired shots - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser

And get to shoot ourselves just like they do on the mainland.....

https://themolokaidispatch.com/man-d...shot-accident/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai