U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 AM

32 posts, read 87,730 times
Default kauai

hi - Im from australia and coming to hawaii for my honeymoon in May. We're going to kauai for 4 nights and then honolulu for 4. what should we do or see when in Kauai?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 AM

6 posts, read 26,741 times
You should take a day trip to Waimea Canyon, visit the Na Pali coast and hit the north shore beaches for surf and the south shore beaches for snorkeling (since it's winter). Try Tunnels, Kee, and Hanalei beaches to start, and I'll let others suggest the best secluded romantic beach. My tastes do tend to run to the cheap side as far as food goes, and there's precious little cheap in Kauai, but in Hanalei I enjoy sushi at Sushi Blues, sandwiches and desserts at Polynesia cafe, breakfast at the Hanalei Bay resort, and maybe catch the seafood buffet at the Princeville (although it's absurdly overpriced and never changes).

Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 AM

49 posts, read 62,487 times
You'll have a wonderful time in Kauai! One recommendation that I have is a helicopter ride over the island - it's awesome!!! You really get to see places that you otherwise wouldn't. There's so much to do and see there that you'll not be able to do it all. Just enjoy your time there relax and enjoy every minute. One word of caution....petty theft is rampant there, so please be aware of it. If you are, you shouldn't have any problems. When we were there a couple of years ago, our rental car was broken into while we walked down to a beach. Fortunately for us, nothing was stolen but we were more vigilant after the experience and didn't let it spoil our vacation. Have a great time!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:53 AM

1,127 posts, read 3,855,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprild View Post
hi - Im from australia and coming to hawaii for my honeymoon in May. We're going to kauai for 4 nights and then honolulu for 4. what should we do or see when in Kauai?
Here are some links to help you decide:

NORTH SHORE Kauai Tour

Aloha-Hawaii.com: Kauai's North Shore

http://www.princeville.com/play/prince_desc.html

Kauai Beaches

Hawaii's Official Tourism Site -- Explore The Beautiful Island of Kauai

Kauai : Introduction : The Best of Underwater Hawaii | Frommers.com

Kilauea Lighthouse

Hawaii's Official Tourism Site -- Explore The Beautiful Island of Kauai

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About the Hawaiian island of Kauai

Movie Tours

Welcome to Princeville Resorts Live Web Cam - Starwood Hawaii Hotels & Resorts (http://www.seehawaiilive.com/pvh-cam.cfm - broken link)

Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM

45 posts, read 223,974 times
Aloha

Ill be going there in 2 weeks. Airfare hawaiian miles $5. My son lives in Kauai so place to stay free. My son will drive us around. transportation free. For my visit ill be golfing at princeville. Kamaaina rate is $70. Check out the beaches there after. Free. Softball tournement in beautiful Waimea. Check out the canyon while im there. free. Eat at Hamura's in Lihue for some onolicious saimin and bbq sticks. under $20. A visit with my son Priceless.

Friend in Hawaii

Old 02-07-2008, 11:31 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,871,817 times
Perhaps you should explore the Kauai board on trip advisor- they have wonderful advice,

mod cut: link removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-08-2008 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 11:33 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,871,817 times
bee-

just out of curiosity, what beach were you at? i don't think theft is rampant throughout the entire island, just in secluded areas....hence my question!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM

49 posts, read 62,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar0 View Post
bee-

just out of curiosity, what beach were you at? i don't think theft is rampant throughout the entire island, just in secluded areas....hence my question!
Mar0 - I can't remember the name of the beach that we had the problem at. It was south of the Lighthouse. The owner of the B&B that we stayed at was also astounded by the mishap, but the police officer and man at the car rental agency told us that it was a frequent occurance. The officer told us that the state of Hawaii was in the top ten for non violent crime and one of the lowest states with violent crime. That's why we were able to continue enjoying our vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai