Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 02:38 PM

70 posts, read 92,548 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I will be visiting Kauai this weekend, and I saw that there is an event scheduled near the airport on Saturday in coordination with the Women's March in Washington, D.C. I would like to go with my two children - do you think this is something a tourist would be welcomed at, or would it be seen as disrespectful?

Thank you - can't wait to visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 04:29 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
This is a march for solidarity and is inclusive of everyone, so anyone wanting to join in would be welcome. It looks like there are several hundred people signed up already to attend the march in Kauai, and I seriously doubt that anyone is going to notice whether or not you are a tourist. Women's March-Kauai has a Facebook page; go check out the details.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:33 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,706 times
Wow
Cool we will be attending in Portland ...
Just wanted to say that's great!!!

Old 01-20-2017, 01:47 AM

941 posts, read 1,966,022 times
I (a male) will probably be attending to support the two females in our family, so I hope all are welcome. These things are usually friendly and inclusive on kauai, so yes, come on down. Btw, I don't think it's a "March" per se, just a gathering on the grass at the intersection by the airport, which is where most of the traffic drives through, so the most visible spot on Kauai. If you look on streetview, you can see there are large grassy areas by he road. Back when we had elections, I went out a few times there to wave signs with some county council candidates.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:13 AM

941 posts, read 1,966,022 times
We attended the women's March today in Lihue. While it was centered around women's rights, it was essentially an opposition rally gathering all people (and some dogs) who wanted to protest Trump's policies. It was all peaceful and happy, with some drumming for ambiance, and cheers when drivers honked in support, which was often. There were probably 300+ people there, quite a big turnout for this little island; you can find some photos on fb. I hope you got to go, we met some visitors there, one lady from Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
View detailed profiles of: