U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 05:25 PM

1,614 posts, read 702,402 times

Advertisements

It is almost ALWAYS sunny in Poipu..my uncle lives on Anini Beach..he loves the weather there...
When I used to visit early on..he would always direct me to Poipu for the sun.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
HUH?????

The guy called me "brah". I corrected him. I'm not a man. And now you are insulting me for correcting him? I've lived here seven years and he's visited a time or two. And why are you calling me names?
Because you called the OP 'grasshopper?'
and by the way..most locals ' spell it 'auntie' rather than aunty...

got dat 'sista '? :-)

Old 05-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
are you an old lady? how old are you?
are you interested in 'Auntie, ' ... you devil, you.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:50 PM

744 posts, read 399,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
should I do it?
Only you can answer that. I kinda get it... not to the point of quitting my job, but since I visited Kaua'i, I'm kind of into the idea of living and working there for a while. But I'm not going to take a pay cut to do it... Hawai'i is expensive, and I'm not at the pull the yellow handle point, so I need to keep on saving and investing for retirement. Get me a straight-across, and I'll do it for a while.

If you've reached the point where you can punch out, work an $18 an hour job doing something you love without endangering your future or your family's, then go for it. Just ask yourself how tough it would be to get back to where you were if you had to.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:37 PM

8,856 posts, read 16,499,760 times
Wassa matta calling someone 'grasshopper'? I do it all the time to my favorite minion, he seems to thrive on it.

Hmm, 'Auntie' ya know, does kinda indicate age. The equivalent to 'brah' is 'seesta' as in 'eh, seesta, howzit?' You'd not say the same thing to Auntie, it would be disrespectful. About as close as you could get would be something like 'Auntie, how you? Since f'oeva no see!' Then you'd have to catch up on all the relatives and baby luaus.

Sa'what, YoungTraveler2011, you going to visit Kauai again and look for jobs there? Maybe you could get a temporary job as a deck hand if you volunteered for a couple of weeks?

Does a deckhand have to have a license or is that just for the captain?

Old 05-11-2017, 01:43 AM

1,954 posts, read 4,178,731 times
I no 'tink you need peppah or nutten' of you on boat. No keah, no ask.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:27 PM

If it's his own boat and he's not charging people to take them out, then no need but if got tourists, then need. At least the boat and the captain, not sure about deckhands. Coast Guard would come ask and they have no sense of humor.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:33 AM

56 posts, read 19,957 times
How can you be making six figures and write such lame posts? Are you not the guy who asked why people loathe resorts? Some people do, some people don't. Who the heck cares? It seems as though for a person to be in that income bracket they would have some common sense. My guess is that you are making minimum wage and have too much time on your hands. There is also an element of attention seeking.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:42 AM

Well, yeah, we all figure YoungTraveller to be our favorite stir-the-pot poster. He at least gets a bit of action going on the forum and he's getting better at being polite about it. Is there a category for a polite troll? Would that be a hobgoblin or a brownie or some such? Maybe a house elf or something? Kinda like Dobby on Harry Potter? Not quite a troll, something smaller and not as annoying.

Maybe he's including more the two figures to the right of the decimal point when he's counting how many figures are in this mythical salary?

Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 AM

he works part time as an Elephant Circumsciser at the Circus to supplement his incone..
The pay is minimum wage, but the tips are big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
View detailed profiles of: