Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:09 PM

292 posts, read 948,249 times

Advertisements

..a quick visit, to view 23 properties...been there 12 times, can't wait to get back. Hoping and praying something works out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,587,457 times
Have fun out there!

do what I do walk on the beach then get on the plane don't was your feet off bring back tiny bits of sand as a reminder.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Have fun out there!

do what I do walk on the beach then get on the plane don't was your feet off bring back tiny bits of sand as a reminder.
I do that too! I also hate to wash the ocean out of my hair and off my skin

Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,650,854 times
Kauai is my favorite and to be buying a house there.........Oh wonderful.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM

And have some fun not to much just some!!!

Aloha

Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM

233 posts, read 685,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
And have some fun not to much just some!!!

Aloha

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by 7th generation; 11-06-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: unnecessary

Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Aloha!

Sitting listening to the ocean and feeling the trades blow through the lanai. It's almost 5:30 am but of course it is Eastern time in my head.

How wonderful to be here. Just breathing the air energizes me!

Flights were OK, took a direct from LAX to Lihue. Waiting for it to get light out so I can get a Starbuck's ..

I did decide one thing though. I really believe flying from Newark direct to HNL is the way to go with the dogs; then deal with quarantine the next day, and then fly out to whatever island I end up on via cargo, even if I have to deal with the dogs staying overnight in HNL due to the plane getting in too late. I really can't see these plane transfers with these extra extra large crates. Too much stress on the dogs, off and on..
AND I am probably the only one who was sizing up plane sizes in every airport on the way here..

Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Aloha Tortoise,

I can feel the trades now ours are blowing to just at 40 degrees.

So how big was the plane?

A question fr anyone that has left their Pet in AG over night?

How was it and how were the pets at pickup?

This could work for me it would mean I would ship both cars from here...

Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM

11,049 posts, read 24,001,124 times
Can you leave your pets in AG overnight? They don't have facilities for that, do they? I think they just leave your pet in it's crate? Do they even feed and water them? I don't think so, but I haven't looked. I think you have to go get your pets from AG, take them somewhere overnight and then bring them back the next morning. Once they are already in the State, AG doesn't have any more paperwork to take them from island to island so they are already "done" and don't want to keep the animals.

Tortoise31, wouldn't it be easier to find a rental for several months while looking for properties? It can take several months to close on a property, can't it? I would think it difficult to find the best place on a quick trip. Will you need to find employment? That is a huge determining factor for what the "best" place would be since the perfect house on the wrong side of the island from any employment is no longer the perfect house.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Can you leave your pets in AG overnight? They don't have facilities for that, do they? I think they just leave your pet in it's crate? Do they even feed and water them? I don't think so, but I haven't looked. I think you have to go get your pets from AG, take them somewhere overnight and then bring them back the next morning. Once they are already in the State, AG doesn't have any more paperwork to take them from island to island so they are already "done" and don't want to keep the animals.

Tortoise31, wouldn't it be easier to find a rental for several months while looking for properties? It can take several months to close on a property, can't it? I would think it difficult to find the best place on a quick trip. Will you need to find employment? That is a huge determining factor for what the "best" place would be since the perfect house on the wrong side of the island from any employment is no longer the perfect house.

Cannot rent with 2 Great Danes and a Weimaraner. I know Kauai quite well. I don't need employment. I am a physician with a telecommuter job. I can take it anywhere in the world that has internet. I don't plan on moving until next year.
And I am sure I can find a way to get the dogs through quarantine the next day without having them stuck in their crates overnight. If need be I can hire a pet relocation service to help me with it at that end.

I found a beautiful piece of property on 3+ acres upcountry.
I am hoping it all works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai