U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM

323 posts, read 989,404 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any clue what the heck the "top secret" construction in Morehead is?

Before anyone jumps in and starts talking about the Super-WallyWorld going in, I know that... it's being put in up by the high school....

but between the Morehead exit on I-64 and before you actually get to downtown.. they are blowing up the mountain and building something there. When asking locals, they all say they have heard many rumours but no-one really knows. They know it's all hush-hush for some reason and that a ton-o-money is being spent to actually raze the mountain for the construction....

I vaguely remember hearing in WV that they were going to open a new federal facility (maybe an FBI center?), but not sure when/where I heard that. Has anyone else heard?

I know there is also some type of research center going in off I-64 somewhere between Ashland and Mt. Sterling as well, but don't know the particulars on that one either.

Just curious if anyone else out there has heard what the heck they are building in my town! I hate the thought of anything going in here... Usually it doesn't mean more jobs for the locals, especially if it's federal... all that usually means is that more people will be re-locating here and building up the town population... unfortunately that includes traffic, crime, pollution, etc. Bah humbug.. I'm mad now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,489 times
Default New construction in Morehead

I've heard through a friend that there is a new VA hospital coming to Morehead. This could possibly be the site.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 PM

323 posts, read 989,404 times
That would be one thing I would LOVE to see go in there. We need more VA hospitals and I could use one that's closer. As it is now, I have to go to Lexington or Huntington, if I want to use my free medical with the VA.
I know if they did put a VA hospital in, it would benefit a whole lot of people who drive hours to get to a VA and most are elderly, disabled, or low income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky