U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 12,187 times

Advertisements

What does the landscape of Glasgow look like? Is it flatter than Lexington or pretty much the same? I've visited the Bluegrass area a few times & really like the scenery. Is Glasgow/Bowling Green similar? My family is considering a move to Harrodsburg but I'm finding that the housing prices look to be a bit better in Barren county. I'd like to compare the two places. Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 AM

39 posts, read 139,113 times
I have spent a lot of time in Glasgow as my family used to have a house on the lake there. It is gently rolling land, very green. The area itself is absolutely beautiful, I myself would love to be able to move there. It seems as though everyone that lives there has great pride of ownership since every property you pass by is extremely well kept and manicured. Very friendly people and unique places to go. I can't say much for the restaurant selection though. It's also really nice as time seems to pass slower there, every weekend we spent there felt like a 3 day weekend. Beautiful parks around the lake as well.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 12,187 times
Did your family experience tornadoes while living there? Since it's further on the western side of Kentucky, that is a concern of mine. I'd really hate to go from hurricanes to tornadoes!!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 AM

39 posts, read 139,113 times
As far as Kentucky goes, there is always talk of tornadoes but nothing like you would hear about in the tornado valley area. There is a tornado watch I'd say on about 2 out of every 5 storms but nothing to really worry about. They are nothing like a hurricane would be, they don't stay on the ground long and is very rare that they do very much damage. They are really nothing to be worried about. I have lived in KY my entire life and I have only seen one, although it was pretty scary since it was coming straight towards our home and we were outside trying to get into the storm cellar! That particular tornado was later said to be an f-4 one of the strongest, but somehow it managed to miss our house thank the Lord. If it is something that concerns you though I would just be sure to find a home with a basement for shelter. My parents informed us yesterday that they are actually planning to move back to Glasgow sometime this year, I thought that was a strange coincidence since I was just on here telling you how much we loved it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky