U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 PM

9 posts, read 46,651 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was just wondering what NFL team is the most followed in KY. Is it the Bengals?

Just curious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,872,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison31 View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering what NFL team is the most followed in KY. Is it the Bengals?

Just curious!
In the Western end of the state it's the Titans.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:54 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,320,405 times
In the old days, the Browns had a big following in the Louisville area. When the Bengals came it, it's pretty much them in Louisville and northern Kentucky.

But by no means is it a die-hard following or even that widespread.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 PM

528 posts, read 2,232,418 times
we follow the Patriots here....

Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM

6,561 posts, read 13,769,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison31 View Post
Hi,

Just curious!

No one in KY cares much about the NFL outside the NKY area near Cincinnati. College sports (mainly basketball, but also football in Louisville) are much more important to Kentuckians. That said, there are of course a few NFL fanatics in the state, but there is no real allegience one way or another. Usually, the best team that is located closest to a city will have the most fans.

For example, I started to notice Colts stuff more in Louisville after they won the Super Bowl. When the Titans are good, people go for them. The Bengals have had a low fan base in the Louisville region as of late, and one could argue that the Steelers, Vikings, Browns, Packers and Bears have just as many fans in Louisville.

For example, each of the teams I listed has a local bar "dedicated" to each respective team on Sundays (notice it is mainly Midwest teams that Louisvillians follow). In the "downtown" area of St matthews, there is a bar known as Gerstle's near a bar called Dutch's. Gerstle's is a well known Vikings bar, and Dutch's draws a Packers crowd. There is a story where one year the Vikings beat the Packers and the patrons of the two respective bars crossed the street and started to brawl! There is even a Steelers bar called R Place where it was crazy when they played in the Super Bowl a while back.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,812,464 times
Funny thing... I imagine if you were to get an accurate poll of Louisville area fans, a huge number would say "da Pack" (Green Bay Packers). The success of the Colts has brought a lot of attention to Indianapolis

Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,961,298 times
Some of the people I used to klnow were Miami fans so I guess it is spread out. ( I am not a sports fan myself so any specific questions I can't answer lol)

Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 PM

Why don't y'all post a poll?

Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Make sure to add teams from all regions though....

Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 PM

301 posts, read 1,267,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
No one in KY cares much about the NFL outside the NKY area near Cincinnati. College sports (mainly basketball, but also football in Louisville) are much more important to Kentuckians. That said, there are of course a few NFL fanatics in the state, but there is no real allegience one way or another. Usually, the best team that is located closest to a city will have the most fans.

For example, I started to notice Colts stuff more in Louisville after they won the Super Bowl. When the Titans are good, people go for them. The Bengals have had a low fan base in the Louisville region as of late, and one could argue that the Steelers, Vikings, Browns, Packers and Bears have just as many fans in Louisville.

For example, each of the teams I listed has a local bar "dedicated" to each respective team on Sundays (notice it is mainly Midwest teams that Louisvillians follow). In the "downtown" area of St matthews, there is a bar known as Gerstle's near a bar called Dutch's. Gerstle's is a well known Vikings bar, and Dutch's draws a Packers crowd. There is a story where one year the Vikings beat the Packers and the patrons of the two respective bars crossed the street and started to brawl! There is even a Steelers bar called R Place where it was crazy when they played in the Super Bowl a while back.
Louisville had a huge Colts fan bse before their championship. The steelers seemed to be moreso a fad or bandwagon team. There is also a sizable Saints fan base in Louisville. You already mentioned the Titans, who had (before the championship lol) around about the same fan base as the colts. Me personally I'm a colt's fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky