U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 AM

11 posts, read 56,900 times

Advertisements

I want to live next door to someone like you. I too am moving to KY from Cali., but I'm from the north part of the state. I understand the desire for a non-foreign community to live in. Someplace where the American culture is common. Too bad that in Cali. the cultural diversity has become such an issue. It's unfortunate to have the non-native cultures overtake and wipe out the native cultures. It has become increasingly more important to preserve the cultures and way of life of other countries than it is to preserve and enjoy the culture here. Too bad. I guess the word "assimilate" has been banned from people's vocabulary.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 AM

774 posts, read 1,615,129 times
Default My Sad Country ...

Forgive me ... but this tread sounds like a ship of fools. (All except the person who says he is a law enforcement officer. God I hope a man of character is standing in that place.)

Reading your posts ... damn ... don't you see ... you've already lost? If "The Illegals" are as bad as you say ... then do you have the moral and spiritual strength to beat them? That’s what it’s going to take because the politicians you keep electing are benefiting from NAFTA and playing you with the same piano that Hitler played when he seduced the Germans out of their humanity back in the ‘30’s,

If this plague of crime and demoralization has spread to the states and cities you’re fleeing, then WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT’S NOT GOING TO REACH WHEREEVER YOU MOVE TO?

Why do you think Meth RECENTLY almost made the WHITE Montana State Legislature almost declare a State of Emergency? Why do you think Oxi-Cotin is running like wildfire amongst all those white rural kids you say you're so fired up to "save"? Today it's "The Illegals" ... but yesterday it was the "Japs" .. or the "Rag Heads" or the “Chinks” or the “Jews” ... or the ******s ...

It's our American core dilemma. We've been eating and raping the resources of the world’s "savages" for so long that they are now at Rome's door poised to eat us uP!

You have to invite evil in ... and that’s just what we’ve done… invited "them" in. It was our greed ... our egos ... all that cheap labor ... the smiling cheap kitchen help ... that non-union workers that painted our houses so cheaply. Our greed starved their children and our ego allowed our politicians to steal even what was left of our humanity as we killed their fathers, mothers and children ... and now Karma is knocking at our doors and we don't even have the sense to let go of the weight that is drowning us.

Father Mathew Fox wrote: "In today’s world, Satan shows up as racism, sexism and fascism." What victory over "them" will we have if yet another generation is raised on lies and hatred? Transpersonal Psychology says that all this American addiction with drugs, alcohol, food, sex, and materialism is a “spiritual emergency.”

YES! I TOO STRONGLY FEEL THE EVIL THAT IS EATING OUR NATION. YES! I CRAVE for this same evil that turned the people who once marched with Martin Luther King into ThUg Nation to be eradicated. But I fear the true disease is much deeper than the Mexican Mafia, the Crips or the Aryan Nation ... or any of the other super prison gangs our money, ego and STUPIDITY has created these past 20 years. (Where are all our jobs going? Free prison labor and off shore to countries that are eating our lunches.)

The woman who started this tread said she didn't want to live around any people who listened to rap or Mariachi music or raped their mothers for fear they'd infect her "lily white kids." Guess what? The only person who has been in the news lately for raping his mother was a blond haired, blue-eyed young man from Alabama named Gary Helms, Jr. (Goggle it.)

Sex offenders?? Who the hell you kidding? Mormons in Utah? All those stories and “jokes” about in-breed West Virginians, and Hillbillies from Arkansas … um … and …. Kentucky?? Don’t make me laugh. The SHAME of it is … America looks like its heading for an ass-whipping so strong that it’s going to be “SPIRITUAL!”

We’re in trouble folks… and them Mexicans are simply showing us where our game is weak. Me? I’m putting up high fences against ALL ‘yall. White, black, brown, pink … et al … BIG dogs and loaded shotguns. Don’t bring your crap in my yard. I’m tired of haters. Opps … that makes me one too, huh? I think it’s time to open up that Bible. Words are looking different these days. Good luck folks! (But I think you’d better break those mirrors in your homes …. ‘yall ain’t too good at self-reflection. )

Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 AM

190 posts, read 747,117 times
These posts have made me so sad! My heart goes out to lokdchick, for apparently something really bad must have happened for such bitterness to take root! I am so sorry that Hispanics have treated you and yours so bad. I just have to ask is it worth mistrusting a whole culture over a few bad eggs? I am a firm believer that we should be able to live the way we want, where we want. I myself moved out in the "country" for slightly different reasons, but basically to give my children what you want for yours, space, safety, and a different lifestyle. Your posts lead me to believe you are running from a terrible problem, in hopes of saving your kids. Commendable. But please realize, there are people of Hispanic descent everywhere, even out in the country, and all over KY. I have several friends who are Mexican (it just so happened that thats where they are from, not that I singled out that specific Hispanic origin) both of the legal and illegal types. All have been so nice, kind, and willing to help with anything! One of my best friends, an illegal from Mexico, helped us move here, when no-one else would. She carried furniture, helped unpack, and even cooked us dinner. Another friend jumped in and helped my husband finish up a job when he had surgery, and didn't charge us a dime as he knew we were pretty well wiped out at the time due to the bills! I have taught several Hispanic children in the schools, and find them to be quiet, well mannered, and willing to please. I'm just repeating this to let you know that it is wrong to judge a whole culture. There are good and bad people in every "flavor". The scary part is, to me, that children repeat what their parents say. Please don't spread this to your kids! Kentucky public schools take ALL kids, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture. I'm sure your kids will probable go to school with Hispanic kids, and may even make friends with a few. Please don't let them pre-judge based on where the child's family came from! You could be costing your kids the best friend they will ever have. I'm NOT saying your kids will get into rap, speak Spanglish, or none of that stuff. I'm just saying that kids who are more accepting of other cultures tend to be more open, caring adults. I applaud your reasoning for moving out of what sounds like a crime-ridden, dangerous area. And, welcome to Kentucky!

Vegan, our voice of reason, if not for some old tender-hearts such as you and I, where would we be now?

~joanna~

Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 AM

24 posts, read 65,880 times
Just a little update-we've been in the Shelbyville area for a few days now and find it to be everything we hoped it would be. We have been through the town and most of the surrounding areas, and we are very happy with the way it seems. Everyone is very friendly, helpful and just generally seem like wonderful people here.

As far as illegals- I am told by our local neighbors, the pool guy, the a/c guys, the plumber, the realtors, etc... (ALL of whom share my same thoughts and concerns) that they really aren't the problem causing kind. Everyone has said the illegals from what ever country they may be from-are the type who are truly grateful for being here and are very hard working and do not wish to jeopardize their stay in the States. While I will NEVER exchange any cash with them or ask for their services or approve of them being here(until they are legal)-I can live in harmony with them.

As far as paying people for the services I may need in the future-I would rather pay a legal person (of any race,religion, what have you) top dollar than 1 cent to an illegal.We will NEVER enable or support illegals. My husband's family came here in the 50's, stood in line at Ellis Island, paid their fees, took the tests and were legal in a matter of time. It's not hard. Our beliefs and feelings will NOT change on the matter. We will make sure our children feel the same way about ILLEGALS.

As far as our kids go- as long as the parents of the kids are LEGAL,and the kids are respectful, say "please and thank you, yes sir, yes ma'am"---(all of the things OUR children do)-then we have no problem or issue with the color of the skin.

Just for the people who think I am narrow minded, shallow, callous, racist, (insert any other descriptive word you see fit here)---I guess we don't ever have to worry about being "friends", that's more beer for all of the others we have made in the few short days we have been here.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 5,884 times
I saw your post. We are hoping for a transfer to the area too, and I am looking at Shelbyville. We used to live in southern CA, and still have family there. It was hard finding a job there, but I did. For the weather I miss it a lot, for other reasons I don't. We live in NY now, and can't wait to leave. Good luck to you on your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or