Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,043,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
The Greatest Generation is on Medicare and you people want to pull the HC rug out from under them?

They didn't "earn that".

Try to be Americans and not reich wing nutbags.
Yeah, that is the problem isn't it? No group, no person, no corporation, no family, no taxpayer (and most of all no politician who wishes to get re-elected) wants to pay higher taxes, vote for higher taxes or have any of our many "entitlements" cut or reduced in any way. So we just keep borrowing and borrowing (mostly from China) and the interest on all the borrowed money multiplies at astromomical amounts every single minute.

There is only one answer to the madness - cut government spending, freeze government salaries and stop taking care of the world with taxpayers money and not only encourage but expect citizens, private industries, illegal aliens and other countries to be more responsible for themselves without relying on the American government to support them and bail them out. Oh, and one more thing, we need to start electing government leaders like Rand Paul to help us out of our country's current economic disaster.

Last edited by Cattknap; 10-15-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 07:44 PM

57 posts, read 124,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I had a teacher in high school always tell us,"Fairy tales used to start 'once upon a time'. Now they start 'if I am elected'.
A poly sci teacher?! I like this quip...sad but true!

Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I'm all for reducing debt and wasteful spending but there are some things that should not be eliminated in an advanced modern society. Thousands of Kentuckians died - alongside people worldwide - so that we today could enjoy a 40 hour work week, paid overtime, a safe work place, and basic health care. I fear that in one election we could quickly erase 200 years of progress.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,043,847 times
I don't think that anyone is talking about eliminating the things that you have posted. A dramatic post with no basis in fact. These are the kinds of statements that keep people scared, uninformed and voting the wrong way.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I fear that in one election we could quickly erase 200 years of progress.
That has already begun as of the 2008 election. The losses could be stopped now IF we vote against the Democrats. We'd only be set back perhaps 100 years... if we stop now.

Last edited by Wing Feathers; 10-18-2010 at 08:29 AM..

Old 10-18-2010, 04:20 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
This is my favorite political ad of all time!!! I always get a chuckle when the Aqua Buddha gets mentioned. I'm voting for Paul BECAUSE of the aqua buddha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCa8xw9yGY

Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM

298 posts, read 595,922 times
Aqua Buddha? Now that's a new one on me!!!

OK, I have heard it said that Rand Paul is crazy well, he might be in some peoples eyes. Maybe even mine. He talks about a lot of things that I'm not sure about but, on the other hand, ain't the majority of the bunch we got now, crazy? They (especially the Democrats and a lot of the Republicans) are so far out in left field on soooooo many issues, how can it get much worse? The fact is, I got a feeling it will have to get worse before it gets any better. First of all the American people will have to demand that their voice be heard. We GOT to get people BACK to work no matter how crazy it may seem. The President should call all the companies that has moved to China, Mexico and where ever else and ask, what will it take to get you to move back to the United States? I know it's probably more complicated than that but, it shouldn't be, why not? I guess I'm crazy to.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Aqua Buddha-- that is hilarious. Jack Conway consistently shows what an idiot he is...

Rand Paul is probably one of the most honest politicians to come along in a long time...

Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Rand Paul in his own words talking about hurting the sick and old.
See for yourself. Click on the link.

YouTube - Rand Paul Wants A $2000 Deductible For Medicare
God, this is ignorant. Do research on your filth and lies before you post it. Jack Conway is a full of lies.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
Long live aqua buddha!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky