U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:23 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,950,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
When in reality they could couldn't pour urine out of an boot with the directions written on the heel. .
I love that Davart! Can I use it?

Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 AM

1,833 posts, read 5,869,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I love that Davart! Can I use it?

Sure just make sure I get the royalty check. and as you know I substituted the word urine for another word, I wouldn't want to upset anyone, you know.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 AM

8 posts, read 15,170 times
So generally speaking, would you say it would be smarter to sell Chrysler than Toyota then? We're really leaning towards western Kentucky.

My buisness is horses...I breed warmbloods. So it's pretty important to be able to be close to the horsey stuff, and we were thinking some place around Lexington or something around those parts.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 AM

1,833 posts, read 5,869,302 times
Well Lexington is not in Western KY, it's about 300 miles east of it. However, nearly anywhere in KY you kind find horsey stuff, vets, supplies, property etc. They are everywhere around here. Western Ky doesn't REALLY start until you get over near the LBL area.
As far as cars goes, I doubt it matters, a good salesman can sell anything right? Ice to Eskimos, sand to Arabs (did that offend anyone? I hope so ...) anyway different areas have different popular models, but overall it's fairly balanced. Trucks is really the only thing that tends to be Dodge, Chevy, Ford only! There are others but that is what you will see most, I don't think cars really matter as long as it's a good car at a good price. What I think matters is the dealership ... some dealerships I won't step foot on their lot as they are lying cheats that don't stand behind there product. Others I'll do business with because they are honest and stand behind their product.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 AM

282 posts, read 934,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monizuki View Post
I'm the husband, hi folks, I really appreciate your responses. I think my wife is worrying about this a little more than she needs to but that's her nature, and I love her for it. the funny thing is that I consider myself pretty white, I tan well, but my legs are almost as white as Al Gores. Interestingly enough when I grew up in Florida, I was never considered Cuban amongst my peers, heck I wasn't even considered Spanish. I move to Utah, and wizbang willikers, I'm Mexican. I've met LOTS of folk from Kentucky, haven't disliked a one of 'em. I'm totally stoked for heading out there. I've been to KY about 6-7 times, and I absolutely LOVE the state.

As far as what I do for a living, I've perfected (at least I like to think so) the educational method of selling cars. In other words, I meet a customer, find out what they NEED, and what they can afford, then fit what they're looking for with everything else. This affords me a very loyal repeat customer base and I'm one of those folk that really enjoy showing a customer what they're paying for. Most salespeople that you run into when going to a lot, is some wet behind the ears untrained, inexperienced individual who's most frequent answers to questions are "I don't know" to which a follow up question is "Do ya like the color??"

I'm the antithesis of that. But enough about that. Thanks for reading my rants.
Well, I'm moving to Lexington in one week and will be looking to buy a Toyota from someone there, and I would love to find someone to buy one from who is like you! In my experience almost all car salesman I've run into have been of the "wet behind the ears, untrained, inexperienced" type that you mentioned.

I saw plenty of Toyotas running around Lexington (they make them in Georgetown, I would think there would be plenty). Plus if you're willing to live outside of Lexington a bit (commutable distance) you should be able to find some acres at a reasonable price.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM

6,557 posts, read 13,752,481 times
Seriously, I don't like the tone of some people on these boards lately. This thread is crap, and the KY forums won't spiral under my watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky