Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times

Advertisements

National races in Kentucky tonight...

US Congress has remained the same: 4 Republican held seats and 2 Democrat held seats

John Yarmuth (D) defeats Todd Lally (R) 55/44

Ben Chandler (D) has narrowly defeated Andy Barr (R) by only 600 votes - that's around 50/49

Ed Whitfield (R) defeats Ed Hatchett (D) 70/30

Brett Guthrie (R) defeats Ed Marksberry (D) 68/32

Geoff Davis (R) defeats John Waltz (D) 70/30

Hal Rogers (R) defeats Jim Hobert (D) 72/28

Mayors races...

KY's 2 largest cities elected new mayors. Lexington chose amongst 2 Barren County natives. Jim Gray defeated Jim Newberry 53/47. Jim Gray is the first openly gay mayor in state history.

In Louisville Jerry Abramson managed to leave his office in city hall without being in a body bag (I was starting to think he would pull a John Quincy Adams and die in his work chair at a very old age). Greg Fischer has defeated Hal Heiner to become only Louisville's 3rd mayor in the past 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
The urban/ rural divide tonight's in the Conway/ Paul race

Jefferson County: Conway 55%, Paul 44%
Fayette County: Conway 51%, Paul 49%

Other 120 counties: Conway 40%, Paul 60%

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 PM

137 posts, read 312,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
National races in Kentucky tonight...

US Congress has remained the same: 4 Republican held seats and 2 Democrat held seats

John Yarmuth (D) defeats Todd Lally (R) 55/44

Ben Chandler (D) has narrowly defeated Andy Barr (R) by only 600 votes - that's around 50/49

Ed Whitfield (R) defeats Ed Hatchett (D) 70/30

Brett Guthrie (R) defeats Ed Marksberry (D) 68/32

Geoff Davis (R) defeats John Waltz (D) 70/30

Hal Rogers (R) defeats Jim Hobert (D) 72/28

Mayors races...

KY's 2 largest cities elected new mayors. Lexington chose amongst 2 Barren County natives. Jim Gray defeated Jim Newberry 53/47. Jim Gray is the first openly gay mayor in state history.

In Louisville Jerry Abramson managed to leave his office in city hall without being in a body bag (I was starting to think he would pull a John Quincy Adams and die in his work chair at a very old age). Greg Fischer has defeated Hal Heiner to become only Louisville's 3rd mayor in the past 20 years.
Agree

Old 11-03-2010, 12:12 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
I didn't vote for Rand Paul and I wouldn't if my life depended on it. And on those "Conway hate ads" I'd say those "hate ads" were pretty much 50/50. I was getting to where every time an ad for either one came on I hit the mute button. But he's been elected by a majority so I won't say anything.(But it's the thought that counts! lol) I'll do what I do any elected official I don't agree with. I give them a chance. I can go on about the "giving them a chance" part, but I'm not going to get going on a political kick, other than what I've said here.
Kentuckydad, what did you think of the mayor's race in Mayfield (my home town) ? The mayor was defeated, by 1000 votes...by his secretary!! She'll be the first female mayor in the history of Mayfield.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I didn't vote for Rand Paul and I wouldn't if my life depended on it. And on those "Conway hate ads" I'd say those "hate ads" were pretty much 50/50. I was getting to where every time an ad for either one came on I hit the mute button. But he's been elected by a majority so I won't say anything.(But it's the thought that counts! lol) I'll do what I do any elected official I don't agree with. I give them a chance. I can go on about the "giving them a chance" part, but I'm not going to get going on a political kick, other than what I've said here.
Kentuckydad, what did you think of the mayor's race in Mayfield (my home town) ? The mayor was defeated, by 1000 votes...by his secretary!! She'll be the first female mayor in the history of Mayfield.

I think it is a great change for Mayfield. They are sick of the status quo and did something about it.

What I don't understand is the Melvin Henley got, again, the 5th district. People complain all the time that Frankfort gives us little to nothing, yet they rehire the crypt-keeper. Of course, the way I voted, I didn't vote in many people.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
The people of Kentucky should hang their heads in shame. IMO Rand Paul is a racist and a whack job, based on what he says publicly. I will never spend another vacation dollar in Kentucky, or with any business located in Kentucky, or from Kentucky, or having anything to do with Kentucky. I'm really disappointed and disgusted with Kentucky and I hereby boycott your entire state, trailers and all.
Rand Paul is not racist, and neither is his father. In fact, if you're a racist living in Kentucky, I'm sorry about your luck...Rand Paul will continue to treat all people equally, while building Kentucky into a state where hard work flourishes.

Congrats to you Kentucky!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
Rand Paul is not racist, and neither is his father. In fact, if you're a racist living in Kentucky, I'm sorry about your luck...Rand Paul will continue to treat all people equally, while building Kentucky into a state where hard work flourishes.

Congrats to you Kentucky!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha He's a politician now. The only one he's going to take care of is himself. I just saw a true statement on CNN Headline News. They were reading viewer's emails about the election. One person wrote that these candidates didn't win a mandate. They are all on probation until the next election. If they don't do as expected, they CAN be replaced.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 AM

688 posts, read 1,489,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
The people of Kentucky should hang their heads in shame. IMO Rand Paul is a racist and a whack job, based on what he says publicly. I will never spend another vacation dollar in Kentucky, or with any business located in Kentucky, or from Kentucky, or having anything to do with Kentucky. I'm really disappointed and disgusted with Kentucky and I hereby boycott your entire state, trailers and all.
I am vehemently NOT hanging my head in shame, and whether you vacation here or anywhere is of no concern of mine, frankly glad some condescending snot decides not to come here. Your vacation dollars and little worthless self-imposed boycott doesn't mean jack crap to me.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha He's a politician now. The only one he's going to take care of is himself. I just saw a true statement on CNN Headline News. They were reading viewer's emails about the election. One person wrote that these candidates didn't win a mandate. They are all on probation until the next election. If they don't do as expected, they CAN be replaced.
time will tell...i hope you're wrong.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 AM

419 posts, read 998,126 times
All hail aqua buddha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky