U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM

688 posts, read 811,551 times

Advertisements

Ky. State Senator David Williams called for a repeal of a constitutional ammendment that took the power of the state legislators to appoint U.S. Senators away and instead gave it to the voters. Has this man flipped his lid? (I used to somewhat support him, being somewhat conservative, although I always thought he was a litte daft, but don't now). I always thought of Richie Farmer as pretty smart, too, but I question his good sense and all as he agreeing to by the running mate of David Williams in next year's gubernatorial election. Any ideas?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 PM

3,791 posts, read 5,077,041 times
I'm sure that will go over like a ton of bricks. Pretty ignorant statement if you ask me. But then again, most politicians are ignorant.

PS: It also sounds like a cry for attention.

Last edited by kentuckydad95; 11-11-2010 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM

Somehow David Williams stating he is a Tea Pary member does not quite the same charisma or respect that Rand Paul does.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM

141 posts, read 451,954 times
So what y'all are saying is that the founders got it wrong, and that the constitution wasn't right (at least regarding the composition of the senate) for the first 100+ years of our history.

And David Williams is the one that's daft?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:28 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,630,514 times
David Williams = pompous jerk

And I used to work in the legislature, so I know this for a fact. Although I do agree with much of what he believes politically, I admit.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:11 PM

156 posts, read 206,010 times
Anything that the people get to vote on gives the people more power and say. It would make it twice as hard to change that office if it needed done. All that is inviting is for the good ol boy system to take over. I don't care what party you are in this is wrong.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoGratias View Post
So what y'all are saying is that the founders got it wrong, and that the constitution wasn't right (at least regarding the composition of the senate) for the first 100+ years of our history.

And David Williams is the one that's daft?
In general, the founding fathers had it very right, but as with anybody, might not have all things right (e.g. slavery, which was abolished by later amendment, but this ain't about that). To me, the will of the people to be able to vote for both houses of Congress is more in line with Tea Party characteristics than an admittedly elected body doing the appointing instead of the general voting public themselves. No, I think David Williams has it wrong, and I hope no one seriously tries to emulate him on this.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
David Williams = pompous jerk

And I used to work in the legislature, so I know this for a fact. Although I do agree with much of what he believes politically, I admit.
Same here, I agree with a lot of what Williams believes, but would not want to "go to bed with him". A man I personally know (fellow health care professional) I have a lot of respect for and personally like, but don't agree with him a lot on politics is the Lt. Governor, Dr. Daniel Mongiardo. I like Dr. Dan a lot better personally than David Williams, but agree a lot more with David Williams politically, so is possible to have like or dislike viewpoints on things such as politics, as well as other things, but still not like or dislike the person in general, not always synonymous.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:04 PM

308 posts, read 338,856 times
Williams is a JERK for sure but, what in the heck was Richie Farmer thinking when he got into bed with a piece of crap like Williams? He didn't need Williams to win, he got more votes running for the Agriculture Commissioner than the Governor did last election. He could win on his own merits. I'm a Democrat (for what that's worth) and, I would have voted for Farmer in a heart beat but, not now.

I think I'll call him up. I know a couple of guys that work directly with Richie, knowing these guys like I do, I can't believe they let him fall for this, Williams is the one that will benefit from it not Richie. Williams knows he didn't have a chance alone.

Stupid politics, I wonder what Williams told him that made him do something so stupid? Must have threatened him with bodily harm.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Williams is a JERK for sure but, what in the heck was Richie Farmer thinking when he got into bed with a piece of crap like Williams? He didn't need Williams to win, he got more votes running for the Agriculture Commissioner than the Governor did last election. He could win on his own merits. I'm a Democrat (for what that's worth) and, I would have voted for Farmer in a heart beat but, not now.

I think I'll call him up. I know a couple of guys that work directly with Richie, knowing these guys like I do, I can't believe they let him fall for this, Williams is the one that will benefit from it not Richie. Williams knows he didn't have a chance alone.

Stupid politics, I wonder what Williams told him that made him do something so stupid? Must have threatened him with bodily harm.
Why doesn't Farmer run himself, heck with Williams?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky