U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 11-28-2010, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 27,126 times
Question Safe Places to live in Kentucky

I am considering moving to Kentucky. We are born and bred West Coast Family, but would like a new change. I am checking out different states/cities and wondering what are the safest cities in Kentucky. Also, my children are half African American and Caucasian. They have been picked on in schools that are predominantly Caucasian. I'd like to move to a place that is friendly to those who are different races. Thanks...

Unread 11-28-2010, 11:40 AM

3,791 posts, read 4,460,187 times
Murray, KY. Probably the safest town in KY of it's size.

Unread 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,683,626 times
Kentucky's crime rate is low. There's plenty of safe places to live. I would be here all day listing "safe" towns in the state.

Unread 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM

In your own opinion would an interracial couple & their children be feel welcomed?

Unread 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM

2,850 posts, read 4,683,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolross View Post
In your own opinion would an interracial couple & their children be feel welcomed?
In most places yes, especially any of the larger cities - Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Northern Kentucky.

Unread 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Thank you for your opinion InLondon

Unread 11-28-2010, 06:03 PM

227 posts, read 326,734 times
Depends on the kind of new change you are looking for; Urban v Rural, what kind of work, age of the children, which region of the state you are looking at.

Unread 11-28-2010, 08:01 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,990,839 times
Quote:
I am considering moving to Kentucky. We are born and bred West Coast Family, but would like a new change. I am checking out different states/cities and wondering what are the safest cities in Kentucky. Also, my children are half African American and Caucasian. They have been picked on in schools that are predominantly Caucasian. I'd like to move to a place that is friendly to those who are different races. Thanks...
It seems like you're quite happy now having just moved to Tempe...

Quote:
I relocated my family from Las Vegas to Tempe, AZ February 2010 and I REALLY love it here...Coming from the desert landscape I live in a very green, nice and quiet area...schools are pretty good (compared to Vegas then it's excellent)...my children receive bus transportation to and from school which we didn't receive in Vegas (2 mile walk) and if your children are under the age of 18 and you live in the Tempe Area children can receive a free bus pass each year to ride all public buses and light rail. Public transportation is good...There is plenty of shopping...close to ASU and community college...Jobs have been plentiful since I moved to AZ...Yes, it's hot but you have to adapt...All in all for my family it was the best move

Unread 11-28-2010, 08:11 PM

4,648 posts, read 7,008,185 times
I have lived in Kentucky all my life. To say there is an "unsafe" area of Kentucky would be a huge stretch. Yes, there are unsafe blocks in the metropolitan areas, and yes, there are bound to be some rural areas just as dangerous. But race is not the issue, the issue is newcomers. If you come and live with us, you are in no danger. However, come and bring us changes we don't want, and you'll find problems.

Unread 11-28-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
It seems like you're quite happy now having just moved to Tempe...
I'm sorry johnsonkk...I've been in Tempe, AZ almost a year but I am checking out for the near future. My apologies if I didn't state that in my posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky