Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:49 AM

508 posts, read 1,511,985 times

Advertisements

From wiki

2000 18,976,457
Est. 2009 19,541,453 3.0%

New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The final Census numbers are not in yet but Forbes's is a POS publication - note it is just claiming a loss over a short time period. not a ten year measure like the Census

Also, even if NY's population declined by 49k we are still talking about a state with over 19 million people so it barely puts a dent in the numbers. It's easier to show high single digit population growth when your state only has 4 million+ people - law of large numbers.

Just saying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
The InLondon program has all functions running. It...can...post!

Note the programmers still haven't advanced the program to give it the ability to make a cogent argument; all it's capable of is contradiction and lame attempts at humor. Evidently the Lexington real estate interests need to hire a couple new programmers; a guy from the University of Illinois to give it higher functions and an old Borscht Belt guy from New York to make it funny.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Note the programmers still haven't advanced the program to give it the ability to make a cogent argument; all it's capable of is contradiction and lame attempts at humor. Evidently the Lexington real estate interests need to hire a couple new programmers; a guy from the University of Illinois to give it higher functions and an old Borscht Belt guy from New York to make it funny.
The program?? Who is the one that keeps talking like a robot? Not me....

Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
What's your opinion of RI? The people of RI, I mean.
RI, economically, is a giant mess. Overall, I found the people there to be somewhat depressed and pessimistic.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
The program?? Who is the one that keeps talking like a robot? Not me....

The program reacts as expected with a PeeWee Hermanish "I'm rubber, you're glue" type of response.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
I have lived in Kentucky most of my life. Except for 10 years of living in DC/MD area. Never did want to move back to Kentucky but I did because of financial reason. Right now its been 15 years and I feel stuck!

For years, Ive been wanting to move out of this state. Mainly because of the weather and people. When I read some of the thread on here it just blows my mind that anyone would even consider moving to this state. Especially those as far in California!!! I know some of it to be financial reason and thinking that Kentucky is cheap and friendly. Kentucky is not all what it cracks up to be. Im sure there are other states besides Kentucky.

Not trying to put Kentucky down.....I just needed to get this off my chest.
Probably because you live in Frankfort. Try a bigger city like Louisville, NKY or even Lexington.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The program reacts as expected with a PeeWee Hermanish
I know you are but what am I??

Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I know you are but what am I??

Good one.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 17,819 times
Default So Ca transplant............

There is is a one word reason why my husband and I would leave Southern California (where we were born and raised): Bryar,: our only grandchild. KY would never be our first or second (or third) choice, but we are here now and need info on the area. As 40's somethings we haven't quiet blended in, yet...but we are trying.... *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
I have lived in Kentucky most of my life. Except for 10 years of living in DC/MD area. Never did want to move back to Kentucky but I did because of financial reason. Right now its been 15 years and I feel stuck!

For years, Ive been wanting to move out of this state. Mainly because of the weather and people. When I read some of the thread on here it just blows my mind that anyone would even consider moving to this state. Especially those as far in California!!! I know some of it to be financial reason and thinking that Kentucky is cheap and friendly. Kentucky is not all what it cracks up to be. Im sure there are other states besides Kentucky.

Not trying to put Kentucky down.....I just needed to get this off my chest.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:02 PM

116 posts, read 212,422 times
We're also considering a move to Richmond, KY. We need to live close to a public college so our kids can commute. We've looked at NC, SC, and TN. Didn't much care for SC or TN, but loved NC. Just don't think we could afford the area where I'd like to live (Chapel Hill). I'm having a very hard time of moving south (living in N. IL via eastern PA). I know I'm a snob about it. My husband says it's a good move for us. He's retired. Please someone tell me we're making the right move for our kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky